71 SS

orbit

Thanks Rob. She should be quite a looker when she is done.A lot of long nights in the garage after work. But I know how I want this car to look when I'm done. I am particular about everything thing I do, from building houses to building cars. I enjoy doing them both. Thanks again for all the support

joe,  WOW , your attention to detail is great.   i noticed the paint marks and decals on your chassis. where did you find the information on this ?.   any help on this would be appreciated. thanks joe.

The paint marks were reproduced according to what I found as I was cleaning the original parts. The tags were made according to my originals. Thanks for the compliments

The good year tires were on these really wheels that I just bought for rollers. I am restoring my original 7 inch rally's and picking up 5 Firestone WIDE OVAL radials for the car at Spring Carlisle

You are right Joe.  It does look amazing.  It will be a shame to cover up all that awesomeness with a car body.

rob 

Thanks guys. It's been a long road but I am full steam ahead now. I really want it ready for next season. Wish I could have had the car ready for the Eastern Meet in Carsile but I will be there just no car

• 2 weeks later...

Got my exhaust manifolds blasted,primed and painted ready for install. Also got the dents and dings out of the oil pan and valve covers primed and painted and ready to drop them back at the engine builder this week.

Got my exhaust manifolds blasted,primed and painted ready for install. Also got the dents and dings out of the oil pan and valve covers primed and painted and ready to drop them back at the engine builder this week.

post-1179-0-67275200-1523239070_thumb.jpg

post-1179-0-94081500-1523239097_thumb.jpg

post-1179-0-81272400-1523239141_thumb.jpg

post-1179-0-01292400-1523239186_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Joe,

What paint did you use on your Exhaust Manifolds.  I used the POR Chevy Manifold color paint on mine.  The heat of the exhaust was supposed to bake it on but personally I am not real satisfied with how they look now.  They looked great when I was done but once the car ran for about an hour I was not happy with them.  With as much trouble as it is to remove them I doubt I will remove them again to redo them. 

Rob 

Rob

This time I used cast blast 1200 degree paint with 500 degree engine primer with ceramic. We will see how it holds up. Last car I used Eastwood coating but was not happy with it so trying a different route

My car has AC so the removal on the passenger side was easy but the driver side was a lot more work to remove the manifold on that side.  If the driver side was as easy as the passenger side they would already be off and redone.

rob