71 SS

orbit

I used Eastwood for over a decade, key is to blast them washed them in acetone, bakethem to remove any moisture and then coat them and bake them again. Mine been on over a decade and only requires a little touch up here and there one e a yr.

Bruce

That's why you see new axels in the rear end. I to had that same issue but while the rear was getting rebuilt I told him to get new axels. Thanks for all your kind words guys. I love this club. You guys are awesome.

Joe

Same kind of wear on my axles.  Replaced them when I pulled the rear end.  Also added limited slip - been wanting to do that for a very long time. 

Can you give me information on your resonators? Where did you buy them?, Part number, price. the measurements. Would be appreciated. Thanks.

Carl 

Carl

That is a Gardner Exhaust System. It was all a package. I think I paid like 1,500. The fit on the tail pipes is outstanding. Plenty of clearance.

Joe

• 2 weeks later...

Got my clutch and brake pedal assembly all blasted,painted, and rebuilt. Can't wait for the motor to get back. Feels like it's been forever but should be a couple more weeks

post-1179-0-31180500-1525047376_thumb.jpg

post-1179-0-88086300-1525047389_thumb.jpg

post-1179-0-05549500-1525047408_thumb.jpg

post-1179-0-92033200-1525047420_thumb.jpg

post-1179-0-17356200-1525047436_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

I had a place here in town do my manifolds in ceramic..  They came out great. Just see how long it last.  Later RJD

Stop with the pictures! LOL. Having 13 years of flashbacks! 7 years of parts collecting/ 6 years of restoration.

All I can say is I hope you are younger than I was when me and Steve(last post) dug into mine. Let’s just say I am happy it’s been done for 2 years. I will never be able to afford another car restored to this level, and will never have the energy for another full restoration. Regarding the bank visit. Use sandpaper to make your fingerprints none readable. Haven’t caught me yet!! LOL

Great job on all I have seen thus far. Let’s hope you don’t run out of money, patience or energy. I was dedicated and pushed through bc it was being restored as a memory of my Dad. A little easier when there is meaning behind your efforts.

Keep up the good work. Many of the Long Island guys will be attending Carlisle. Look forward to meeting all the new members and reconnect with those we have not seen since last year.

Dan

Super! You will be happy you took lot's of pictures and someday will wonder why you didn't take even more.

Bruce

Thanks guys. Was hot and heavy but the engine builder has slowed this build down a bit. He promised me just two more weeks but I have heard that before. My wife reminded me that I have had this car apart for almost three years. Way to long! I'm not getting any younger at 53 and working 10 hour days during the week doesnt leave a lot of time for the build but I will stay on course for paint bu the end of August.

Joe

• 2 months later...

Ok. Just picked up the motor from the dyno shop. Numbers were good 460hp @ 4,900rpm. 552lbs torque @ 3,400rpm.All on pump gas. Finally can start getting this project put back together. Sorry for the delay but we get this project back on track

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Those are great numbers on the motor. It seems the engine builder really meant 2 more months, not weeks. The paint looks good. It'll look much better as it all goes back together. Great work!

Dan

I say go with what you want. A simple valve cover change is no biggie. Maybe start with painted and then see where you end up when putting together final details. Then decide if a little dress up is needed. After all, it’s your car .... make it what you want to a point. Resto-mods are now pulling in good money too. I kept all my numbers matching stuff not currently in use, restored them, powder coated them, bubble wrapped them and then put into storage. This way the option is always there to go back.

I love watching the progress. Great to see everything coming together.

Dan