Exhaust Exit Options

Will

Anyone done their exhaust so it exits through the rear quarter panel? I love the look of the pipes through the panel but it doesn't look feasible. What options have you guys run other than the normal pipes out the back?

Never seen that done. You would have to enter the trunk space then exit back out if you were to do that. Exhaust needs to move with vibration...you could not seal it off and water would work it's way into the trunk and sit in the lower part causing eventual rust. How about through the rear bumper?

Not sure I would like it through the quarters. I think the Monte looks really neat when following it with the exhaust pipes coming out below the bumper, especially on a cool morning with dual exhaust when the car is just started and it is putting out vapor collected in the system burning off.

rob

Someday I would like to change the tailpipes on my 71 350 so it has the look of a 71 SS 454.

Nothing better IMO!

Bruce