Eastern Meet Questions / Advice

Blueheeler

As a newer member of this great club I'd like to ask some questions about the upcoming Eastern Meet. First I think I must explain that it's just about impossible for me to be away from my dog for any period of time so if I was to attend the show she's have to be with me. So, what would be your thoughts on a dog attending? Good or Bad ideal? Second, having never attended such a event & since I'd have my dog, would I be better off parking in the general parking lot or should I register & park with the club. My concern is that if I wanted to leave early & return to the hotel can you get your car out if your parked with fellow club members. Thanks for any advice & thoughts you can share.

You can come or go as you please with your car parked at the show field, we do it all the time, most of us eventually bring our cars back to the hotel and return the next morning. I am pretty sure the hotel we stay at (Fairfield Inn) is dog friendly. I was even thinking about bringing my dogs at one point.

On a side note I have also seen other cars slowly just drive around the showfield and then just return to their area. Lots of room to move around.

I did bring my dog one year, she was exhausted from all the people and walking around. She was a bit older and had some health issues then so she wasn't really that pleasant to be around but she was my buddy. She's gone now so its no longer a issue. They do insist you pick up after your dog.

Tom,

The hotel is pet friendly.  There is a hotel fee for people with pets and you will need to talk directly with them regarding that.  Some hotels refund the fee if no damage is noted upon checkout and some keep the fee to do extra cleaning of the room.

One thing I did notice is there is not a club member badge here on the site when you post on the boards.  If you are only a board member and not a dues paying member you can not participate in any club activities or buy club merchandise and would not be able to have one of the club rate rooms.

If you are not a dues paying member you can rectify that very easily.  If you have paid your dues you will need to check with the club president or club secretary to get that straightened out.  It would be great to see you and your car at the meet.

rob