Buckets seats conversion

Deni2nd

I  have the procar scat seats. They aren't as comfortable as the factory seats. Not a lot of padding for long drives. If your a skinny person,(I am not) then they will be more comfortable. I also have to get out of the seat to slide it forward. if your under 225 pounds, then they should slide forward and back without having to get out of the seat.They have a upward angle in the front, that's ok when your close to the steering wheel , as you would be for racing. I put bath towels on the bottom , helps from cutting into the back of my legs on three hour drives to the beach, also keeps the seats clean once I get to the show.Fabric on those seats aren't easy to clean , don't spoil mustard or anything like that, doubt it would clean up . If your racing on a track, then they are better then stock seats. If your just cruising around to local shows or whatever, Your going to be better with factory seats. If you decide to go with racing seats and 5 point  belts, you have to be careful, shoulder belts for racing are meant for cars with roll bars in them. Incase you roll the car, factory belts allow your body to slide downward. 5 points will hold you upright and roof will come down on your head.They make shoulder seat belts for street car, schroth brand , used in b&w,s road racing .they are pricey ,if you go with the electronic sensor mechanism. that allows for free movement when you want lean  to go forward in seat without having to loosen belts, but meant to be used for a street car. For a cruiser to the car shows and doing some burn outs, just go with factory. I did it for the cost. Find a nice used set oem seats for around 400 and recover them. Plus now they have  oem style covers with side support. They came out with that right after I had installed mine. If I only had one monte carlo, I would take the seats out. I bought oem style bucket seat brackets to weld in  the floor, but the scat seat rails wouldn't line up and had to weld in the brackets differently.. my car was a bench seat, I bought the complete kit they sold, and also the oem style brackets from goodmark.. Maybe someone else with oem brackets can say there scat bolted right up to oem brackets? Look at the guys  monte,s on here,with high horsepowered cars with different options then procar seats. new forum topic.. What seats do you have in your monte and do you race it on the track. I just seen a touring series by pro car that looks a lot more padded and side support .but no spots for 5 harness. There is my input on scat procar seats.

I find them comfortable for long trips, but I was able to use the procar mounting brackets with no modification to the bracket. Perhaps that is the difference?

Yes, mine bolted right in, but I used procar seat mounting brackets. They make seat mounting brackets for a variety of applications, and I found a set that bolted into the factory floorboard mounting holes.

Bear in mind the procar seats are in my ford, not my monte carlo. I would think, but cannot verify, procar makes brackets for our cars.

To speak on behalf of Keith he did receive the mounting bracket for the seat when he ordered. He was changing over from bench to buckets so he brought the factory style bucket seat mounts that welded to the floor. The mounting brackets for the Procar seat would not allow the seat to mount in the stock location and if the seat was in the stock location it make the seat look twisted in the car. We (me and my late father) made it so the seat looked squared in the car by changing the floor broad mounting bracket. Now if you have the right round stock on hand you probably could cut the mounting tabs for the seat off and length the mounting bracket for the seat.

They make a universal mounting bracket as well. If yours didn't fit correctly you could have tried the universal bracket. Regardless, I enjoy my procar seats, but I had no issues with fit during installation.

I put ProCar seats in mine to replace my bench seat. Been quite a few years but they mounted right up from what I remember...maybe I ordered the universal brackets, I just don't remember.

I am using my phone so I can't reference the exact seat I bought but it is the sportier type with side bolsters. My driver seat always seemed tighter in the thigh area than my passenger seat. I figured it would loosen up as that seat would get the most use...not so, pretty much as stiff as the day I put it in, lol.

Here's the seat I have...

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/sca-80-1000-51r

Like I mentioned it kinda feels tight on the thighs after about a half hour of driving but I can live with it. I will say these are secure seats for your body, they will hold you in place.

sca-80-1000-51r_m.jpg

i bought the kit for 68 to 72 a body. maybe a universal base might work. the scat seats I bought had the 5 way slots, not like the touring model picture above.Much more padding on the ones Bill has. I will get a part number and ad to topic. 

So at this point all I have bought is the seats. It is a conversion from bench to buckets. I am not skinny 260 lbs I still need the mounting hardware and seat adjusting tracks.

A bit confused from the comments. Can someone post a link to the best option.

post-857-0-41913700-1520108666_thumb.jpg this is what I bought in 2012, theres a lot more to offer now. Maybe I was sent the wrong base brackets? the sliders have three slots in front and back for height adjustments. if you want  gm style oem brackets for conversion, then get some from ebay through goodmark, or any supplier. they have to be welded in. maybe some guys on here have pictures of there factory bucket cars, showing the correct bracket? Just order what procar says to install and see if it works, since you have the seats already.If things don't line up, just send it back and go with a different company. If things don't line up , have them email or mail you a return label, soo you don't have to pay return shipping. Not your fault they sold you the wrong item. 

hey Donald, here are the brackets you have to get. Ask any questions, We are here to help.

Seeing those pictures gave me a flashback, I kinda remember putting a shim (1/4') square washer on one side of each seat to make them perfectly level with the car. You may not have to but even with a universal kit sometimes you have to improvise. 

• 1 month later...