Seat belts

sredmyer

Steve,

The standard seat belts had black plastic buckles of all the same larger size and I believe all the belts were black (not sure about that).

RPO AK1 could be ordered for the Custom Deluxe Seat Belts which were color-coordinated to the interior and had brushed metal buckles - large for the rear and front shoulder belts but smaller for the front lap belts.

To my knowledge, there was nothing in the Z20 SS option package regarding seat belts.  My SS has the AK1 option but I don''t have a good picture.  The photo below is of the custom deluxe seat belts in a non SS '70.

post-567-0-18977200-1519594855_thumb.jpgpost-567-0-44253300-1519595195_thumb.jpg

Ordered them for my 71, the ft Lt and Rt lap belts were "self adjusting" with the smaller brushed metal buckles. I also got "storage" spots for the belts not in use.

Several years ago I switched to the MORRIS 3 point belts for the outer 2 ft seat positions.

post-76-0-14692400-1519595275_thumb.jpg

post-76-0-99474400-1519595408_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Wow, I've never actually seen that rear seat seat belt storage option. Any idea what those were called and if you can buy them anywhere?

• Like 1