Welcome Home Rob and Pat

Rob Peters

Pat and I returned home late today from Florida.  We went down last Friday for my brother in law's funeral.  The drive home was almost two full days of rain and a total white knuckle drive for two days.  

It was great to get home.  We stopped to get something to bring home to eat and we were sitting here eating and we started hearing the winds kick up outside.  They were blowing very hard.  While we were sitting here we heard a huge crash.  We have a large cherry tree in the back, on city property and the wind blew it down and into the house, taking another tree down with it.  

We can not tell how much damage there is yet because it is too dark outside.  We don't think the house is damaged too bad except for a light fixture for the deck is broken.  It looks like the the deck, deck rail, grill and table & chairs took the brunt of the damage but again it is hard to tell due to the darkness.  I can't even see the grill.  Also the yard fence has been knocked down too.

I will have to call the insurance company tomorrow and get a chain saw to start getting this thing off the deck and out of the yard..... the fun never ends.

rob

Oh man Rob, when it rains it pours huh? Sorry to hear of Pats brother passing, tell her we are thinking of her.

Also glad the tree remained outside, we are now getting the winds and rain here that you had late last night

Still beats snow though

Thanks Tony. In reality it was MY sisters husband who died. They were on a cruise and he died in Honduras.

rob

Sorry to hear of your loss Rob. And also your house. Hope there is not to much damage to the house. Take plenty of pics before you cut it up. Insurance company are horrific. I had one fall a few years ago but got lucky it fell into the street not the house.

Condolences and Good Luck.

Wow I hope the damage is not too bad. We've had a tree fall on our house before and it was the scariest sound but luckily the House held up well.

• 1 month later...

With so many delays since the first part of March when the tree fell onto our deck o am making progress on the deck rebuild.

The delays were two-fold, first waiting for the insurance and me removing the tree, then winter decided to hang on for weeks, dropping snow at every opportunity.

I have, with assistance from my son, his father-in-law and his nephew we have all of the facing boards gitten, new posts and new decking boards replaced. Next comes the new railings and new spindles followed by the new steps.

robIMG_20180412_130754212.jpgIMG_20180412_162414185.jpgIMG_20180420_180031494.jpgIMG_20180421_093741181.jpgIMG_20180421_175413111.jpgIMG_20180421_175401169.jpgIMG_20180421_093739569.jpg