Message Board

2018 Western Meet
[clock1]

2018 Eastern Meet
[clock2]

Home  | Join  | Merchandise  | West Meet | East Meet | Monte photos
Meet Photos | Tech  | Museum  | Parts  | Registry  | Links  | Officers

Photo

Kind of odd ball question , what screws or nuts and bolts ?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 1970MonteCarloNH

1970MonteCarloNH

• Members
  • 114 posts
  • LocationLondonderry NH
  • Legal Name:Phil oddo

Posted 13 March 2018 - 11:43 AM

I bought an AC Delete panel from BMR its aluminum finish and flat but I didnt come with any hardware. Does anyone know what hardware I use to install the plate over the AC box ?

#2 MCfan

MCfan

Gold Member

• Members

• 2,759 posts
  • LocationPunta Gorda, FL (winter); Crosslake, MN (summer)
  • Legal Name:Dennis Bengtson

Posted 15 March 2018 - 06:47 PM

Phil,

Just by reading the BMR description on the JEGS site, I'd say they intend for you to use all of the original fasteners that held the factory components to the firewall:

"Laser cut from 1/8" aluminum for a lightweight, precise factory fit using all existing mounting holes and fasteners."

If the plate didn't already have pre-drilled holes in it, I would favor the use of a quality adhesive to stick it to the firewall for a clean look.  Since you have to use fasteners to fill the holes in the plate, you may be able to find some that are more attractive than the factory fasteners.  For example, I really like the industrial look of stainless steel socket head cap screws.  They make them in every thread size and length imaginable and stock them in the specialty fastener bins of most large hardware, marine or home improvement stores. 

If necessary you can also use stainless steel flat washers under them to protect the aluminum delete plate. JMO - good luck.

• 1970MonteCarloNH likes this

Dennis

sml_gallery_567_4_470590.jpg                                     sml_gallery_567_4_3184004.jpg

1970 matching #'s 402/M20 4-speed/3.31 12-bolt Posi                1970 SS454/TH400/2.56 12-bolt Posi
Punta Gorda, FL                                                                        Crosslake, MN

#3 Leghome

Leghome

Maytag "Danged Agitator"

• Members

• 5,051 posts
  • Location35 mi NE of INDY
  • Legal Name:Larry E Gilbert

Posted 16 March 2018 - 05:06 AM

Most of the Ace and True Value hardware stores(at least the ones I have visited) have a good selection of stainless screws and bolts.

• Sam (Bones) and 1970MonteCarloNH like this
http://www.firstgenm...-monte-trailer/
Larry E Gilbert
Markleville IN
"IF'n I had know retirement was this good I'd have done it a lot sooner"

#4 Michael Boyte

Michael Boyte

Bronze Member

• Members

• 677 posts
  • LocationOcean Drive section, North Myrtle Beach SC
  • Legal Name:Michael Boyte

Posted 16 March 2018 - 07:54 AM

We went with the chrome plated stainless button head with matching washers
  • overdrive and 1970MonteCarloNH like this
Mike and Ann Boyte
[url="""]https://imageshack.com/i/m950pdj'>[/url]Posted Image
1972 Monte Carlo

#5 1970MonteCarloNH

1970MonteCarloNH

• Members
  • 114 posts
  • LocationLondonderry NH

Posted 19 March 2018 - 01:42 PM

Phil,

Just by reading the BMR description on the JEGS site, I'd say they intend for you to use all of the original fasteners that held the factory components to the firewall:

"Laser cut from 1/8" aluminum for a lightweight, precise factory fit using all existing mounting holes and fasteners."

If the plate didn't already have pre-drilled holes in it, I would favor the use of a quality adhesive to stick it to the firewall for a clean look.  Since you have to use fasteners to fill the holes in the plate, you may be able to find some that are more attractive than the factory fasteners.  For example, I really like the industrial look of stainless steel socket head cap screws.  They make them in every thread size and length imaginable and stock them in the specialty fastener bins of most large hardware, marine or home improvement stores. 

If necessary you can also use stainless steel flat washers under them to protect the aluminum delete plate. JMO - good luck.

Thanks so much for the reply. When I got my car it was just a shell so there was no hardware there at all. The original AC panel had already been removed. This has been an on going Issue I have had. as I am buying all components for the car I have to keep figuring out what hardware was originally used. 

#6 1970MonteCarloNH

1970MonteCarloNH

• Members
  • 114 posts
  • LocationLondonderry NH

Posted 19 March 2018 - 01:44 PM

We went with the chrome plated stainless button head with matching washers

Thanks Michael , Do You happen to know the sizes You went with ? I see your from Myrtle beach , were You at the Broadway at the Beach show ? I went for the first time this year I absolutely loved it. Im coming back down in August.

#7 Michael Boyte

Michael Boyte

Bronze Member

• Members

• 677 posts

Posted 19 March 2018 - 03:32 PM

I am sorry, I don't know the exact size.
I was purchasing bolts for a least a year,
I was a regular at all of the hardware stores.
Ace Hardware was a great source, they would special order anything that I wanted.
Mike and Ann Boyte
1972 Monte Carlo

#8 Michael Boyte

Michael Boyte

Bronze Member

• Members

• 677 posts

Posted 19 March 2018 - 03:37 PM

I did attend the Broadway show, However without the car. We don't bring it out much for the local events. Did you bring your car to Broadway? When you come down in August, hit me up
336-662-3377
Mike and Ann Boyte
1972 Monte Carlo

#9 1970MonteCarloNH

1970MonteCarloNH

• Members
  • 114 posts
  • LocationLondonderry NH

Posted 21 March 2018 - 07:14 AM

I did attend the Broadway show, However without the car. We don't bring it out much for the local events. Did you bring your car to Broadway? When you come down in August, hit me up
336-662-3377

I did not bring mine because it still isnt done. Sadly I came down there because My Daughter went to a One Tree Hill convention lol and I went down with her. I just so happen to stumble across the car show. Shot her up to NC to the convention and enjoyed the hell out of that show. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Home Page
Mission|Benefits|Join|Renew|Merchandise
Message Forum
Members' Montes|Meet Photos
Tech Info|Museum|Parts|Registry|Links|Contact Us