Kind of odd ball question , what screws or nuts and bolts ?

1970MonteCarloNH

Phil,

Just by reading the BMR description on the JEGS site, I'd say they intend for you to use all of the original fasteners that held the factory components to the firewall:

"Laser cut from 1/8" aluminum for a lightweight, precise factory fit using all existing mounting holes and fasteners."

If the plate didn't already have pre-drilled holes in it, I would favor the use of a quality adhesive to stick it to the firewall for a clean look.  Since you have to use fasteners to fill the holes in the plate, you may be able to find some that are more attractive than the factory fasteners.  For example, I really like the industrial look of stainless steel socket head cap screws.  They make them in every thread size and length imaginable and stock them in the specialty fastener bins of most large hardware, marine or home improvement stores. 

If necessary you can also use stainless steel flat washers under them to protect the aluminum delete plate. JMO - good luck.

• Like 1

Phil,

Just by reading the BMR description on the JEGS site, I'd say they intend for you to use all of the original fasteners that held the factory components to the firewall:

"Laser cut from 1/8" aluminum for a lightweight, precise factory fit using all existing mounting holes and fasteners."

If the plate didn't already have pre-drilled holes in it, I would favor the use of a quality adhesive to stick it to the firewall for a clean look.  Since you have to use fasteners to fill the holes in the plate, you may be able to find some that are more attractive than the factory fasteners.  For example, I really like the industrial look of stainless steel socket head cap screws.  They make them in every thread size and length imaginable and stock them in the specialty fastener bins of most large hardware, marine or home improvement stores. 

If necessary you can also use stainless steel flat washers under them to protect the aluminum delete plate. JMO - good luck.

Thanks so much for the reply. When I got my car it was just a shell so there was no hardware there at all. The original AC panel had already been removed. This has been an on going Issue I have had. as I am buying all components for the car I have to keep figuring out what hardware was originally used. 

We went with the chrome plated stainless button head with matching washers

Thanks Michael , Do You happen to know the sizes You went with ? I see your from Myrtle beach , were You at the Broadway at the Beach show ? I went for the first time this year I absolutely loved it. Im coming back down in August.

I am sorry, I don't know the exact size.

I was purchasing bolts for a least a year,

I was a regular at all of the hardware stores.

Ace Hardware was a great source, they would special order anything that I wanted.

I did attend the Broadway show, However without the car. We don't bring it out much for the local events. Did you bring your car to Broadway? When you come down in August, hit me up

336-662-3377

I did attend the Broadway show, However without the car. We don't bring it out much for the local events. Did you bring your car to Broadway? When you come down in August, hit me up

336-662-3377

I did not bring mine because it still isnt done. Sadly I came down there because My Daughter went to a One Tree Hill convention lol and I went down with her. I just so happen to stumble across the car show. Shot her up to NC to the convention and enjoyed the hell out of that show.