Engine pad question

Hond0

I have a 1970 SS 454 that I am about to dig into a restoration on. I was wanting some input on my engine pad numbers. I believe the car to have the original drivetrain. The engine stamp is T0106CRN and my partial VIN is listed as 188145258. The same number is stamped on the transmission housing

Does anyone know what the 188 means?

Thanks!!

MIke

Mike, could your stamping be 10B, the first digit 1 = Chevrolet, the second digit 0 indicates the year, the third digit B indicates the factory "Baltimore". Form what I have read the T***CRN stamping comes from the Towanda engine plant, the date code and crn. The vin stamping was stamped at the assembly plant. I hope another member can verify my information.

From what I have read, the engine plant put the T0106CRN stamp on and the assembly plant stamped the VIN stamp on the block when the engine was assigned to the car which makes sense. I haven't been able to figure out what the 188 represents. 

I heard from someone on the Team Chevelle website that Baltimore often used "188" instead of "10B" as the reason for this. Anyone else have a thought on it?