1972 MC Custom Numbers?

72-CLASSIC_RIDE

I have a Custom, original paint with ZP2 trim/color override - Golden Brown, Covert Vinyl Top, L48, buckets, U14 gauges, A/C, tilt wheel, V01 HD Radiator, UM2 AM/FM w/tape, ZJ9 Lighting Group, pretty loaded, NK4 sport steering wheel.  I can send a build sheet if needed.

You should become a dues paying member and bring that unrestored Custom to Carlisle for the Eastern Meet for all to see.  You can't beat a survivor Monte.

rob 

• Like 1

Just a FYI - I don't need to see your Build Sheet, just your acknowledgment that you have one.  Purpose is just to avoid duplication with enough info.  I may have phrased that earlier incorrectly as I have been queried on making me copies of their Build Sheet...............

Again, the more detailed info about your vehicle as offered on the Spreadsheet helps prevent duplication.

Periodically I will Post the spreadsheet data after revisions, additions, exclusions etc. are compiled and will be the latest information at that point.

Double check your info and alert if inaccurate where and the fix...................

This is a little surprising to see this many Customs as I had never really knew how many were in the Club.  So having (8) in the Club currently, (1) non member and one I know to be in Canby, Oregon, we are of to a GREAT start....      :yay:    

We'll get em sniffed out eventually................. :coffee2:

Doug

this topic was brought up in the past ,and the talk was there possible between 50 and 100 customs, produced 

The thread I remember reading was a select group of guys did some sort of analysis and came up with a guestimated 1200 produced (that I would consider a conservative estimate).

What I want to know is how many serviceable Customs are still around.

Doug  

Hey Doug, I sold my 1972 Custom to a guy 3 hrs away from me and he still has it. He has asked if I wanted to buy it back so I am humming on it...

Sold new at Saskatoon Motor Products,

Built in Oshawa Ontario Canada

U Code (402) Custom

Midnight Bronze Tan vinyl top Dark Saddle interior

Buckets and console

Tach and Gauges

15x7 rally's

Power windows

Power door locks

Tilt

AC

AM/FM

NK4 Sport Steering wheel 

Tinted Glass

20150823_201956_zpsfj5syxow.jpg

you can make out the Vin Doug and see the U...

Darren

• Like 1

That sounds like a gorgeous, well-optioned '72 Custom, Darren!  You already know the condition - Is he asking a reasonable price?

That sounds like a gorgeous, well-optioned '72 Custom, Darren!  You already know the condition - Is he asking a reasonable price?

Reasonable for sure as his business folded and is still out of work for 8 months. I can buy it back for what I sold it to him for which would be about $4800 USD. It is a running driving custom but needs some TLC.

Darren

• Like 1

Thanx Darren for the info.  I will include it in the data base.  To date, I have 12 confirmed.   :)

If you buy it back, nine of those twelve would be owned by FGMCC members if my math is right................... :nutz:

Doug

Sorry it took so long but here it is Doug,

My '72 "W" code Z03

built in Baltimore Md

Mulsanne Blue, Bk int ,Bk vinyl top

454 CE block

400 trans

331 posi

Buckets, Console

Am/fm/ radio/tape

A/c

Power windows

P/s P/b

Dual Exhaust

Cust R/V mirror (sport)

Complete trim pkg

Complete lighting pkg

Complete insulation pkg

3 point seat belts

Dlx wheel covers

Floor mats

That's all of them, if you need anything else let me know

Sorry it took so long but here it is Doug,

My '72 "W" code Z03

built in Baltimore Md

Mulsanne Blue, Bk int ,Bk vinyl top

454 CE block

400 trans

331 posi

Buckets, Console

Am/fm/ radio/tape

A/c

Power windows

P/s P/b

Dual Exhaust

Cust R/V mirror (sport)

Complete trim pkg

Complete lighting pkg

Complete insulation pkg

3 point seat belts

Dlx wheel covers

Floor mats

That's all of them, if you need anything else let me know

I added those things that were blank to the Spread Sheet Willie.  The Data Base is to large for me to detail all those options but included the most common to identify per car.  As we progress, the Data Base may change where improvements are identified.  As this is a Work in Progress, timing isn't all that important other than it helps me to manage that information when received timely.

Thanx Willie..........................  :) 

Doug   

No problem Doug. I didn't think you needed them all either but being I had the B/D out I put most of them there. If any thing else is needed give me a shout.

• Like 1

I noticed my Custom is not on your spread sheet.  Is there more information needed?

I do have it on spread sheet & will Post latest info for your review soon.  When ever you see the Spread Sheet Posted, it will have the most recent information and generally will be an update or revised information. 

Doug

Here is the latest and greatest.  Please review & advise if any changes.  i have Notes on the r/h side of page where applicable that can't be seen on Spread Sheet due to space limitations.  They are for helping me keep track.

Doug

post-458-0-34234100-1523465916_thumb.jpg

Great Job Doug!!!   Although mine has to be updated, If I get a chance I will post what the changes will be tomorrow.  What is the CC column for?

I really like it.

Great Job Doug!!!   Although mine has to be updated, If I get a chance I will post what the changes will be tomorrow.  What is the CC column for?

I really like it.

Hey Willie, the (CC) is for Cruise Control and thanks for the Props.. :)  Oops!  I just noticed I forgot to rotate that Pic before I posted it.  I'll see if I can't fix that.  Any changes are welcome so no apologies necessary.

Doug

post-458-0-17988400-1523600115_thumb.jpg

Hey Doug, I really like the way it came out, Great Job!!! I have to believe there are more than 10 "Custom" Monte's in our club though...

I have a few additions to my stats Cons-Yes, Tach-Yes, A/C-Yes, Defog-Yes, She is (getting restored) Stock, Buit in Balt. Md.

Again Nice Job Doug!!!

Hey Doug, I really like the way it came out, Great Job!!! I have to believe there are more than 10 "Custom" Monte's in our club though...

I have a few additions to my stats Cons-Yes, Tach-Yes, A/C-Yes, Defog-Yes, She is (getting restored) Stock, Buit in Balt. Md.

Again Nice Job Doug!!!

I know of one other in the Club but is a Tribute Willie.  I remember there are 3 others owned by Club Members but none are serviceable and are being used for parts.  Other than that, I have not heard of others in the Club.  I updated your info and will Post it soon.

Doug

Hi Doug, thanks for posting.  My screen name is Capricemental with a "C" not "S".  Also I am a member, probably just not posted yet.

I'll try and remember to fix that next time I update.  I remember it took some time to show up when I joined.

Doug

• 2 weeks later...

Here is the latest update for 72 Custom Population numbers.  Please verify your info.  Abbreviations were added to this most current update to aid in identification of those options.

Again, as I get more info, I will update periodically.

Doug

post-458-0-39328600-1524676180_thumb.jpg