Proper placement of seat belt holder in roof

KRadcliff1954

Hello everybody,  

Been with the forum for a while but first time I have interacted.  I have a '72 Monte Carlo Custom that is in the final phases of a thorough (3+ year) restoration.  Down to the final few steps but hit a bit of a snag.  Wondering if one of you have pictures of where to put the holder for the seat belt shoulder strap on the inside of the ceiling?  If not pictures, perhaps where I can find a diagram of where to place?

Thanks in advance for any help or assistance

Regards,

Keith Radcliff

email: kradcliff@cox.net

Hi Keith, here is a pic with the shoulder belt cover hiding the individual retainers that nest the shoulder belts.  I'm not near the car so can't provide much more than this.  Others will offer you better info I'm sure.  I would think there are holes already made to secure the clips in place and should be self explanatory unless they had been filled, never were or hidden where you can't notice the predrilled holes.  Just a thought.

On another note - I am compiling info in hopes of coming up with a educated guesstimate on how many 72 MC Customs are still out there that are considered restorable and not counting scappers, donors or otherwise will never will be road worthy.  I made this request recently to the Membership and am hoping that anyone whenever they see, hear or read about the 72 Custom (that are again, road worth) am asking that info be directed either in my thread under 454 SS and 72 Customs where you can read more.  PM's and email also work!

If you don't mind, I will add your car to my data base and any future info provided on your car or other Customs you may come across.  In order to not duplicate, enough info would be beneficial to sewparate one from the other.  How sofisticated that data base is will be a work in progress and hopefully a nice tool for us Custom owners.  I believe there are not very many around anymore and may compete with the 70/71 454 SS as far as rarity.

Congrats on your selection of the Custom....................

Doug   

post-458-0-72857300-1521838032_thumb.jpg

I highly recommend a 3 point belt system.

I never used my shoulder belt in my 71 but with 3 point, now I do.

Sorry I don't have a better picture

Morris is the company I used.

post-76-0-87048300-1521852361_thumb.jpg

https://www.morrisclassic.com/collections/seatbelts/1972-monte-carlo

Bench vs bucket, I bought them both for the day I finally add the buckets I have had in the basement for over 25 years.

post-76-0-58502100-1521852527_thumb.jpg

• Like 1