wiring problems

mramirez949

my 1971 monte carlo was engine swapped and i don’t know where this purple and white/purple plug plugs into

i know the purple goes to the starter solenoid and the white with purple goes to the ignition switch connector but it plugs into something and i can’t tell what it is from the schematics

:dt

See the attached photos of wiring diagram pages.  The Neutral Safety Switch is shown just left of center on the upper part of the page in the first photo.  The purple/white stripe wire goes to the ignition switch shown on the right hand side of that same photo.  The purple wire goes to the firewall connector and then continues in the next photo from the engine side of the firewall connector to the starter solenoid that is shown in the upper left quadrant of the second photo.

post-567-0-21561900-1522179842_thumb.jpgpost-567-0-96347500-1522179866_thumb.jpg

If you have already verified where the purple and purple/white stripe wires are terminated on their other ends, the connector you show in your hand has to go to the Neutral Safety Switch which is under the dash near the steering column.

Def goes to neutral safety switch. On a column shift car it goes to the switch on the base of the column and plugs in to the left of the reverse light connector. On a floor shift auto it hooks to the same switch, but it moves to the shifter, and you need an extension harness to connect it.

anyone know what this is?? was kinda just slapped onto the car

and i’m missing a horn relay unless it’s hidden somewhere but maybe this is it

the person who had the car before me made a mess in the engine wiring

post-23836-0-75447500-1522248537_thumb.jpg