Bumper bolts

sredmyer

I was hoping to replace the bolts on my front bumper as the lower ones on my car are not correct (standard hex head bolt).  I bought a set from somewhere (don't remember now where) but they are not right.  They match the upper bolts but the lower bolts are supposed to have thinner heads and square shank sections.  Does anyone know where I can get the correct ones.

Thanks

The bolts on the face of the bumper are the flat chrome surface bolts with the square that fits in the square hole in the bumper but the ones on the underside are regular hex head bolts.

My car has chrome cap bolts both on the face and on the under side.  The bumper has square holes in both locations to hold the bolts. 

See the picture below and notice the face bolts (circled in blue) have a taller profile head than the underside bolts (circled in red).  Also notice the difference in the bolts in the second picture.  You can see the bolt circled in red (the underside bolt) has a shorter square locking portion and the profile of the head is shorter.  The face bolts will not work for the underside as the taller square portion prevents the nut from being able to be tightened.  My car has the chrome bolts shown on one side but has standard hex bolts on the other.  I was hoping to get the chrome bolts for both sides but I can't find anything except the ones for the face.

post-4732-0-83097600-1523619353_thumb.jpg

post-4732-0-86428700-1523619367_thumb.jpg

I will look at mine when I get home. The front bumper on my car was original to the car but I can’t guarantee it had never been removed before I bought it. I am pretty sure mine has regular hex head bolts on the underside.

I believe standard hex heads there are correct. I've had several original bumpers and cars with them, and that's all I've seen on the underside. They will match the bumper guard bolts.