71 SS 454 MUST BE CRAZY

KLASSIK1

After over 40 years of restoring and collecting cars you think i would know better by now , just keep saving rusty cars , major metal work everywhere in our shop and i am still looking at saving this 71 SS454 , all numbers matching sat for many years , needs 75% of the sheet metal replaced , we have done several worse projects but this is major , color combo is odd/rare and build sheet documented , black on black with a jade green interior , was from Greenbay WI and had a Greenbay packers key chain , guessing a fan , first we will take her apart document and decide , so far it has been a great reference point and a sign that i am still a nut that loves a challenge

and yes we had to duct tape and chicken wire the car together to get it home , a good friend of mine had this car stored for 20 plus years and kept asking me are you sure you want it , OF COURSE YES

still crazy after all these years

if anyone knows any history on this car or previous ownership please let me know

Leo

post-57-0-50975000-1524169762_thumb.jpg

post-57-0-70914900-1524170209_thumb.jpg

post-57-0-00703800-1524170241_thumb.jpg

post-57-0-97824300-1524170275_thumb.jpg

post-57-0-11782900-1524170314_thumb.jpg

post-57-0-03492700-1524170372_thumb.jpg

post-57-0-85807500-1524170419_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

Thank you for making me feel better now I see one that is a little worse than my 70 project...i also had to keep saying yes I want it. Sometimes we look at these cars and see something totally different than other people see...glad to see you're up to the challenge.

WOW!!! You guys are not used to cars like this. Over here in the north east cars like this are normal! Yes normal. Lol not looking to anger anyone. Just saying that a North Eastern car 99% of the time looks like this. Leo certainly has a lot of work ahead and I personally thank him for saving a true numbers matching SS. All parts of the country have different issues with cars but in my opinion, right or wrong, the northern east has the worst rust issues. Good luck Leo! Please keep the pics on the progress coming.

• 2 weeks later...

I shudder to think of what the floors and trunk look like if the external panels are that bad...but as a numbers matching SS, it's worth saving...... but better you than me Leo...lol

I'm sure it will be great when your done!

Steve

Leo, great project!!! Your like a lot of us car guys we want to save them all. I cant tell if that body wise is better or worse than the 70 Shadow Grey SS from PA that I sold you a few years back. Anything ever get done with the car or just parted out at your place? Hope all is well.

• 2 weeks later...