Blower motor

sredmyer

If I am not mistaken, I think there is a relay for the High Blower speed.  Mine works on high but  not on any of the other speeds but I have not had a chance to look into that so if anyone else has any ideas on that please let me know......  Not that I am trying to Hijack your post here.

rob

• Like 1

I had my car out for a ride yesterday evening and noticed my blower fan did not work on high speed.  It works on the other speed just not on high.

Can anyone give me an idea where to start looking for the problem?

There is a High Speed Fan Relay that sits on top and inboard side of the under hood A/C box.  That is where I would start checking for voltage.

Doug

When the fan speed switch is moved to high, it sends power to the relay coil which closes the contacts that sends full voltage to the motor. The relay gets this power from an in-line fuse at the wiring gutter on the firewall above the ignition distributor. This fuse holder has a black 10 gauge wire that comes from the horn relay.

The lower speeds get power from the fuse block then through the blower resistor. The inline fuse only powers the motor when in high speed.