Chrome platers

sredmyer

I know some on here have used Tri City Plating in TN to get their bumpers redone but does anyone know of some place that can do smaller parts?  I have the light monitor system on a car I am working on and the fender pieces are a bit pitted.

Tri-City also did my bumperettes so I would think they would chrome anything. I'd give them a call to find out. He's always reasonable and does nice work.

Steve

I did call them and although they will plate small parts, they can't do pot metal parts.  In case anyone else is in need of platers in the KY/OH area that can do small parts (and pot metal parts), the guy I called at Tri-City gave me the name of an outfit in Cincinnati OH - DG Custom Chrome, and another outfit in Dayton, OH - Metal Brite. 

• Like 1

Paul’s Chrome in PA does very high end quality show chroming.

But I am going to warn you, he does charge a pretty penny for his work.

The Chroming guys in NY are not able to use zinc in their chroming process due to environmental impact laws in NY. It makes the finished product less durable from what I understand. We send our stuff out of state. May want to insure if you are sending it out of state if the same laws impact that state.

Dan

Paul’s Chrome in PA does very high end quality show chroming.

But I am going to warn you, he does charge a pretty penny for his work.

The Chroming guys in NY are not able to use zinc in their chroming process due to environmental impact laws in NY. It makes the finished product less durable from what I understand. We send our stuff out of state. May want to insure if you are sending it out of state if the same laws impact that state.

Dan

Paul's is not too far from me.  Dan is right, Paul's is not cheap but it is tough to beat them on quality.  People from all over the country send their work to Paul's because they do "Show Quality" work and people looking for Show Quality are willing to pay the price for that quality.  I did take something to them to get an estimate and to tell you the truth I didn't think their prices were that bad on the item I wanted an estimate on.

rob

Just another note on getting something like the part you want replated,  When you get something like that plated you need to tell them to NOT plate the underside that comes in contact with the body because it can change the fit.  I had a plating company rechrome one of the vinyl top rear pot metal corner pieces redone and they plated the underside which completely changed the fit and made it unusable.

rob