4 Way power bucket seat

sredmyer

Does anyone have the 4 way power bucket (drivers side only I believe) in your monte?  If so I would like to see a picture of how the switch looks on the side.  I have a power seat track with a switch and I have the proper (I think) side piece with the holes for the switch but I am not sure how it is supposed to mount.

There should be a round hole in the side trim panel for the switch knob to protrude through. My panel also has two more square openings for two more control levers that look like what a power window switch lever would look like. My switch is a 6 way switch from a 1968 strato bench seat. Your 4 way switch should mount very much the same. You will not have the extra two square holes and levers. There will be two holes in the trim panel for the screws that mount the switch to the panel. Please post a picture of the parts you have. 

Here is a pic showing the placement for the switch.  If you don't have the Power Apron Trim piece, you will have to determine the dimensions for proper placement in the non power apron trim.  I did that when I installed my Power Bucket Seat.

You will see in last pic how I determined my hole placements but DO NOT consider those dimensions as exact if you drill you hole placements into the Apron.  Location will be representative and any variance between yours vs, mine needs understood before drilling holes.  You will see a pocket on the underside of the Bucket Seat where when Apron is installed, the Power Lead plugs in and backside of Switch pockets into that open space.  I thought I had a pic showing it but can't seem to locate it.

Good Luck and quadruple check for fitment before drilling into anything if you have to................

Doug

post-458-0-54706300-1526087642_thumb.jpg

post-458-0-98980400-1526087661_thumb.jpg

post-458-0-36040900-1526087858_thumb.jpg

Ok, so even though the bezel/face of the switch is chrome, it goes behind the plastic seat apron.  Just looking at it, it looked like it was meant to have the chrome bezel on the outside of the apron but that would require an entirely different hole arrangement.  I wasn't sure whether I had the wrong apron or maybe the wrong switch. 

So now my question is what is the screw/nut arrangement used to hold the switch to the apron?  The bezel on my switch has holes but they are not threaded or anything so is it just a screw, star washer and nut?  Can anyone enlighten me on what type and color of screw would be appropriate.

I have attached a picture of what I have.

post-4732-0-93874900-1526130750_thumb.jpg

Yes, the bezel and all go behind the panel. The reason for the chrome is that it may be used for other applications. The screws look just like the ones used to install the lower trim panels to the seat frame. They may be just a bit shorter. There are no nuts on the back. At least not on the panel that I have here.