Dash vents

sredmyer

Where can I buy reproduction dash vents that are correct for our cars?  I have seen the ones OPGI and others carry but they do not include the lever to close the vent...this is true for both side vents as well as the center one.  Does anyone make/sell the ones that match what was in the car?

Hi Steve,

Not sure they reproduce the Dash Vents with the Shut offs like in 1970/71.  I looked on eBAY and bought OEM Vents to do mine.  I liked the added shut off control feature that gave the Dash a busier feel.

They are out there.  I believe I have some of the Dash Corner Vents but not for the Center Dash Vent.

Doug

The lever is not part of the Chrome vent. The lever actuates a flap behind the vent.  You break the glue that holds the assembly together and replace just the chrome piece and then glue it back together. That is true of at least the 1971/72's. I've replaced a few of them. The grain is different for the 1970 so just make sure you get the right ones. Take a blade and score the factory glue until you cut through (sometimes it's just melted plastic but the seal lines are still there to follow).

Steve

When I replace my center dash vents I just popped them out and carefully reinserted the new ones. On the end vents I did cut the glue/joints to install the new ones and then used Gorilla glue. It worked great but I have since sold them to another member on this site because when I bought the new dash last fall it came with all new vents.

• 5 weeks later...