Home Page  | How to Join  | Official Merchandise  | Western Meet | Eastern Meet | Meet Photos | Technical Info  | Museum  | Parts Sources  | Officers
Rob Peters

Countdown To The Eastern Meet

I'll be there this year...finally lol

Good to see some new people and actually bring the monte this time

Working towards the single digits in the countdown. Only 12 days and a wake-up till the FGMCC Eastern Meet fun begins.

rob

Two weeks from this morning we will arrive at the fairgrounds together but even better than that............ in 11 Days And A wake-up our official FGMCC Eastern Meet will kick off as some of us will start arriving in Carlisle.

rob

This morning have someone stand in front of you and extend all of their fingers. Then count all of those fingers and thumbs. OK, how many did you count......... that's right, you counted 10 and if you apply that 10 and add a wake-up that is exactly the number of days till many of us start arriving at the FGMCC Eastern Meet in Carlisle.

rob

WE ARE NOW IN SINGLE DIGITS IN THIS COUNTDOWN!!!! That's right, ONLY 9 Days And A wake-up till we start arriving in Carlisle for our Eastern Meet. Now the pressure is really on for you to wrap up those projects. It is almost Party Time.

rob

9 days? Are people showing up on Tuesday?

I will say today I started my Monte and pulled it out of the garage for the first time this year. I pumped the gas pedal three times and it fired right up...never started that easy from sitting so long before. I also cleaned my entire trailer out today...it was full from one end to the other with appliances, car parts, along with miscellaneous stuff from my other house I sold in November. I gotta admit what a relief that is right now, I have been putting that off for 6 months. Now I can concentrate on getting my car ready.

9 days? Are people showing up on Tuesday?

Bill, 9 Days AND A WAKE-UP, if you don't count today would have us arriving Wednesday.

BUT.... yes the Crockett Crew will be arriving on Tuesday

rob

YEP, WE ARE STILL ON TRACK TO BE THERE TUESDAY, 6-19.YOU WONT BELIEVE WHAT WE'VE DONE TO AARON'S 2ND GEN SINCE 06-01-18!BECAUSE HERE'S WHAT SHE LOOKED LIKE 05-31-2018!

post-918-0-64721400-1528685983_thumb.jpg

YEP, WE ARE STILL ON TRACK TO BE THERE TUESDAY, 6-19.YOU WONT BELIEVE WHAT WE'VE DONE TO AARON'S 2ND GEN SINCE 06-01-18!BECAUSE HERE'S WHAT SHE LOOKED LIKE 05-31-2018!

Jim,

It's not like you haven't been warned about the clock ticking down. Glad you have been paying attention and gettin-er-done. See you soon.

rob

Well, it's time for today's countdown post.........so without delay here you are, not counting today we only have "8", yep that is "eight" or for you Roman Numeral people, "VIII" days and a wake-up till we start arriving in Carlisle for the Eastern Meet

rob

Someone asked me why I don't count the day of my countdown post in these posts. The reason for that is most members have already headed out to work for the day and won't see this post until this day is almost over. So, with that said......in only 7 Days And A Wake-up we will start arriving in Carlisle. Only a WEEK & A WAKE-UP.

rob

I've been polishing the girl up every day. I will be there Friday. I'm excited to meet my new friends. The 22nd can't get here fast enough! See ya'll soon! 

Seven days is about a year too little but I did put color on the Monte Carlo this weekend.  Here's a sneak peek.

post-177-0-17837900-1528840498_thumb.jpg

post-177-0-98948500-1528840518_thumb.jpg

Seven days is about a year too little but I did put color on the Monte Carlo this weekend.  Here's a sneak peek.

Mark, She sure looks Purdy.......  What color is that.  You know if you work day and night for the next week with a crew of 8 or 10 other helpers you could wrap that project up in a week and bring her with you to the Meet so you won't get stuck cleaning mine instead.

rob

Six Days And A Wake-Up until I and others here hit the road and arrive in Carlisle for the FGMCC Eastern Meet!!!

rob

Steve,

It's the original build sheet color - Nevada Silver.  Been wanting to do this for about 15 years now.  The red was nice but this looks better IMO. 

Rob,

Not going to rush this - going to do it right no matter how long it takes.  Next step is to paint the fenders, doors, trunk lid and hood and then put it back together for the next round of painting.

Mark, I was really kidding about finishing it in time for the Eastern Meet. After all, if you did that and had your car there you would have no time to be cleaning mine up.

rob

Take one of your shoes and socks off. Now, wash that sweaty, stinky foot. As you are washing between those toes count how many toes you have there. What is that number?? How many toes did you count????? I can tell you, you counted 5 (FIVE) toes.

What a coincidence, I love the number 5 because today we have 5 Days And A Wake-Up until many of us arrive in Carlisle to kick off the FGMCC Eastern Meet.

rob

Rob, I sure am glad that you are not counting fingers,

That could be confusing for me.

Too funny Michael, too dang funny. People that know you are aware why that is funny

rob

Rob, I sure am glad that you are not counting fingers,

That could be confusing for me.

I was thinking the same thing, you'll know why once you meet me next week.