wizards mist and shine

rsorg

has anyone used wizards mist and shine on there cars after a wash  , as a final detail ,i have used this product and it works great is there a comparible product out there ,thanks

I love wizards stuff, works great. Lucas has good one along with Barrett Jackson. They all basically work the same, some smell better than others. Adams polishes makes some great detail suppliers as well

With my 31 year old black lacquer paint I don't know what to use anymore. Several years ago I used something and it showed all kind of wipe marks or scratches after the next wash. I actually paid a shop to do it for me about a year ago, they warned me to use special micro fiber towels, so it wouldn't scratch. That sucks.......

All these years, it didn't scratch after I rubbed it out as long as I don't use a wax / polish after the rub-out / cleaning stage.

I now use a chamois (works well, very little to no scratching) on the paint and an old bath towel on the windows and bumpers. The paint is also getting very thin in spots.....

I use Griot's Garage Best of Show detailer. It does not streak even in direct sunlight. In fact I am now using Griot's Garages exclusively on my 72 form the synthetic clay bar on my 6" orbital buffer to the Poly Wax. I just used the synthetic cllay bar and have done two of the three more steps for the shop season. The finish looks a foot deep and slicker than snot. The water has beaded up in very tiny beads showing me that it is a very fine product. I can remember where but I went to a seminar and the presenter told us that a very fine wax job will leave the tiniest of beads. Griot's has a warehouse in Plainfield just west of INDY and have free shipping on orders over $59.00. If you live close you can usually pickup your order the next day. My usual order is over the limit so I have it shipped. Order it on Tues and have it on Thurs. The main office and showroom is on the west coast somewhere. There is a retail store there I would love to see some day.