Home Page  | How to Join  | Official Merchandise  | Western Meet | Eastern Meet | Meet Photos | Technical Info  | Museum  | Parts Sources  | Officers
Sign in to follow this  
overdrive

Wanted: Ambient temperature switch

I need a good switch for my '70. I think it was probably used on all first gens that have AC, but I haven't checked on '72s. It's a 2 wire device that mounts with 2 screws in the fiberglass housing for the evaporator, right under the POA valve.

Dan

post-339-0-24303500-1527465891_thumb.jpg

Pretty sure I have one in my donor car.  Have no idea if it is any good or even how it might look but if you are interested and know how to test, I will be happy to check it out

Very easy to test. Should be a closed contact when room temperature. Probably 2 ohms resistance or less. You can put it in your freezer for a few minutes and the contact should open. It just has a metal disc inside that's not flat, like the bottom of an oil can. When the temperature changes, the shape changes to operate the contact. I would greatly appreciate any help with locating a working switch.

Dan

Steve, thank you for the switch! It works perfect, but I wish you would have let me pay for it. You now own part of my car. Thanks again!

Dan