Memorial Day

Rob Peters

I hope everyone had a nice 3 day weekend this Memorial Day Holiday.  For this day I honor my father and father-in-law who both served in World War II.  I honor their service to their country.  They were lucky to have both returned home and continue their lives.  They are both gone now.  I know this day is mostly  to honor all of those young men and women who served their country and were not able to return to their families and continue their lives but I also honor all that served and and have passed.  I honor their sacrifice and service.  

Yes, I served during the Vietnam War but my service was limited to support from the air over Vietnam and not boots on the ground so my experiences were nothing like what my father experienced during World War II.  My father could never talk about what he experienced in the Pacific in places like the Philippine Islands and Guadalcanal.  I do know from reading about those battles how horrible they were and from what I have read I understand why he could never talk about it.  My dad was very lucky to have served in at least both of those areas and return home with no PHYSICAL injuries.  

The primary reason for Memorial Day is to honor those who served made the ultimate sacrifice but for me I honor all those who have served in all wars and are no longer with us.  Today we honor them and may they rest in peace for the peace they have given us all.  

rob

• Like 2

Very well said Rob. My family and myself would like to shout out a Big Thank You to all the Men and Women, who are serving or have served. Thank You All!!!