got new goodies from Morris coming

yorkies

Have some new seat belts and a new right hand mirror coming tomorrow, now if I can get Scott to come uo and help install, as I know he got his a while back lol,Ron

Love my Morris 3 point belts!

I added A Rt mirror a few years ago after almost hitting a motor cycle I didn't see!

Ron,

You will like the Morris Mirrors.  I had installed a right hand mirror years ago.  Like Bruce, all it takes is one near miss and you realize there is a reason it is a mandatory standard equipment on modern cars.  

I had already installed my right mirror before I bought the Morris Mirrors (I replaced both of my driver and passenger mirrors with Morris Mirrors) because the aftermarket garbage I had on my car would not stay in adjustment.  The reproduction ones just don't last very long, if I would get a year and a half out of one I was lucky.  As soon as you adjust a non-Morris mirror a few times they become so loose that as soon as you get above 60 mph they adjust themselves so you can't see what you need to see.  Since I installed the Morris Mirrors the only time I have had to readjust them is if someone bumped them hard.

I can tell you this, when I first installed my right hand (Passenger) mirror I felt the same way as you and I suspect Bruce would tell you the same thing.  Prior to drilling any holes you will measure your driver mounted mirror location several times and then go to the passenger side and measure 8-10 times and put a little sharpie mark on the top of the door and then measure 8-10 times more and dry fit the Passenger Side Mirror.  After the dry fit you will again measure 8-10 more times before you get the drill and drill bits out.  At that point you will hold the drill in your hand over the top of the fender and then decide to measure 8-10 more times before that bit ever touches the painted surface of your car.

Good Luck Ron and don't drive yourself crazy.

rob

• Like 1

My mirror is always in need of adjustment after shutting the right door! I didn't know Morris sold them either.

Here is a link to the step by step article I wrote after I added my right chrome mirror and how I did it.

https://1971montecarlo.wordpress.com/2016/02/26/adding-a-chrome-right-side-mirror/

Bruce

After reading reviews here, I ordered a pair of mirrors. Great customer service,delivered here to ontario in six days. Have had them for just over a year and haven't had to adjust them. Excellent product

The mirrors they sell now do not require you to take door panels apart. They are done with screws from the out side measure twice drill once about 15- 20 minutes and your done. Seat belts were very easy also, used all the old mounting holes just used new bolts. So far everything is GOOD

Wish we could see it at the Eastern Meet in Carlisle Ron.  It may not be too late to join us.

rob

Can you post a link of the seatbelts I'm looking into getting some for my 68 Vista Cruiser.

I'm pretty sure they will be the same or close.

Jared, I don't know how to post a link, but if you go to  sales@morrisclassic.com there site will come up, Ron

Ron,

I just looked at the Morris web site and I didn't see a right hand mirror that matches the left "remote" style chrome mirror, just the non-remote.

What style did you get?

This is my right mirror but I did NOT get it at Morris.

post-76-0-18874200-1528675530_thumb.jpg

I will look again......

Bruce

the right side mirror is as close to the original and still not infringe on GM's copyright. It looks pretty good just a little thinner than the remote.

OK, so a right  Non-Remote to match the Left Non-Remote.

Got it.

Bruce