Home Page  | How to Join  | Official Merchandise  | Western Meet | Eastern Meet | Meet Photos | Technical Info  | Museum  | Parts Sources  | Officers
Sign in to follow this  
Rob Peters

I See Pretty Monte's

I just got a look at the Carlisle Chevrolet Nationals Official Events Guide.

Guess which club's cars are in the forefront in the picture on page 15 of this guide. If you guessed The FGMCC Monte's you would be right. I could be wrong but I think I see mine in that grouping.

rob

Pic please.......

Sorry to change direction here but.

How about posting a side photo of that hood scoop? Is it an aftermarket weld on or fiberglass hood?

Looks awesome!

Jim

Steve built it himself. Click on his monteman.com link and look at all his builds. He built a similar hood for his other 71 Monte (in blue).  Go to the 1971 Restoration, part 4. Incredible talent!

Sorry to change direction here but.

How about posting a side photo of that hood scoop? Is it an aftermarket weld on or fiberglass hood?

Looks awesome!

Jim

Steve purchased a steel cowl scoop and welded it on to an original hood. He then cut out bracing and capped off the bottom to make it functional. It was a lot of work and a lot of time.

I purchased mine from Glasstek. They have standard flat, 2” or 6” cowl hoods available. For me the 2” is too small for our cars and 6” to big unless a drag car. So I purchased there 6” cowl and flat hood. They said they could cut down the scoop to the height I desired and install it on flat hood. It came out beautiful. I believe I had them cut it down to 2 3/4”. Quality hood.