Inner front fenders

rgp

Hey guys, I'm new here.  I introduced myself earlier this week and plan to attend the Eastern meet next weekend.

I'm currently putting my '70 Monte back together after a 20 year lapse....  I also have a '70 Chevelle, so there are lots of A-body parts around here from both cars, plus spares. 

I can't remember if the inner fenders that I took off of the Monte were plastic or metal.  Which is correct?  I also found what I will call a partial metal inner fender for the passenger side, which I have theorized must provide support for the battery when a plastic inner fender is used.

Anyway, is plastic or metal correct for the Monte?  If plastic, is the partial inner fender correct to provide support for the battery at the front of the inner fender on the passenger side?

Looking forward to next weekend.

Thanks!

They were plastic from the factory. If you are going factory stock plastic is the way to go. Some here have changed to the metal.

The metal piece you speak of is to foll the gap between the inner fender and the core support and there should be one on each side not just the battery side.

rob

X2 to what Mr Peters has said. I personally installed the Chevelle repro steel fenderwell in my SS. On an interesting tidbit, some 70 Chevelle's came with one plastic and one metal inner fenderwell. The plastic on was usually the right one, under the battery.

I have steel on every car except one, the blue 72 already had new plastic when I bought it so didn't change. If they ever give trouble. I will install steel

Another thing the olds cutlass wagon I have... Vista Cruiser had plastic from the factory and they are still just as soft as they can b... Oldsmobile made their material out of a lot better something than Chevrolet did. It stands the time, the Chevrolet crap dried out and cracked