Lastss(Bob Lyman) and 2 more First Gens Local Show.

Michael Boyte

Went to a local car show today and was overwhelmed by 3 First Gens. Of course the beautiful green 454ss belonging to Bob Lyman (lastss) was on display and was breathtaking to say the least. His brother had his orange 72 parked beside of Bob, a very nice car as well.

Then I met another gentleman with his version of a genuine 72 454ss Monte. He tried his best sales pitch to convince me that it was a special ordered Factory 72 SS, However I found it to be a beautiful car!!

post-601-0-85134900-1529168903_thumb.jpg

post-601-0-72467600-1529168941_thumb.jpg

post-601-0-07222300-1529168958_thumb.jpg

post-601-0-75519400-1529168991_thumb.jpg

post-601-0-92896700-1529190401_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Michael, thanks for sharing those pictures.  I have a question for Bob, I hope you see this.  In your engine compartment I think I see a shield over the top of the pulley/clutch assembly of your air conditioning compressor.  Where did you get that shield.  I am guessing it is there to prevent oil from the Freon from slinging around that side of the engine compartment.

rob 

Rob, I added another picture that will give you another angle of that cover

Thanks Michael, that is kinda neat and a good idea.

rob

Many Thanks for the compliments. I made that shield to protect the hood pad from oil sling as no matter how many rebuilt compressors you buy they throw a little oil. I fabricated it from a piece of roof flashing already black from Home Depot and trimmed it out with door edge guard. Easy to make. Flashing only cost $1.00 each so have at it guys and thanks bob

• Like 1