Home Page  | How to Join  | Official Merchandise  | Western Meet | Eastern Meet | Meet Photos | Technical Info  | Museum  | Parts Sources  | Officers
Sign in to follow this  
Jared Richey

VOTE on 2019 Eastern Meet Location

Eastern Meet 2019  

28 members have voted

1. 1. 2019 Eastern Meet Location

• Good-Guys October 18-19 2019
    • Pigeon Forge Smoky Mountain Auto-Fest October 12-13

This is not a definitive vote. Vote with your favorite location. Kind of wanting a feel for what people would rather have.

Both events look promising.

Both locations are easy access close to a major interstate.

I think doing a meet in the fall in the south is the best bet. I think the cooler temperatures will attract more people to come.

Smokies Stadium

3540 Line Drive

Kodak, TN 37764

Smoky mountain Auto fest location

GoodGuys. Charlotte motor Speedway

A Meet in October will limit attendance to southern states. Most members in the north have their cars headed to winter storage in October

A Meet in October will limit attendance to southern states. Most members in the north have their cars headed to winter storage in October

Northern attendees at a Southern Meet?  Pigeon Forge and Charlotte are mid-south, at best - how about SW Florida in January?

Pigeon Forge is Tennessee ? and Charlotte is North Carolina.......

Charlotte good guys is a very crowded event in a rather contained area (Charlotte motor speedway)( mainly infield) Pigeon Forge Tennessee would be the most entertaining for the entire family. This event engulfs the entire city and spills over into Gatlinburg as well. This is a rather large venue and should this be chosen, I would strongly suggest making reservations as soon as possible.

Quite a few people make their reservations a year or more in advance for this event.

Yes, please list the states and area these are located. I googled them and gave up trying to find them.

Added location. GoodGuys simply search Charlotte motor Speedway. We had a meet there in 2009.

For as limiting attendance... No one showed up last year from the north, I think the fall will be more appealing to everyone. I have heard lots of feedback on doing it in the fall from club members for years.

Kodak Tennessee is 16 miles north of pigeon forge.

The good thing about this show is it's not an overcrowded mess like the rod runs.

I meet at one of the rod runs would be great but it's simply just too crowded to be feasible

Kodak Tennessee is 16 miles north of pigeon forge.

The good thing about this show is it's not an overcrowded mess like the rod runs.

I meet at one of the rod runs would be great but it's simply just too crowded to be feasible

My bad !!! I thought you were talking about the Rod Run , or Shades of the Past!

I know nothing about Kodak Tenn.

I will make a southern meet sometime, and a western meet too. Mid October up here in NY we sometimes have snow. We seldom make it through October without having a snowfall or more.

Yea hopefully you can Steve.

Northern attendees at a Southern Meet?  Pigeon Forge and Charlotte are mid-south, at best - how about SW Florida in January?

Dennis, yes, we have had many northern members at multiple meets in the south.  Jack and Judy Cooper, Patsy and I, Scott Stephens, Mike Herno, Rick Eckenfels, Capri and Greg Blasco to name some.  My wife and I have been to the one in Comerace, Georgia, Charolette, North Carolina and Bristol Tennessee.  

As far as a meet in SOUTH Florida, I would not expect that would ever happen but I am not a club officer that would make that decision.  Maybe a mini-meet would be more like it.  Something farther north in Florida?  It would be interesting to find one farther north in Florida and do a poll here, like Jared is doing now, to see how much interest there would be in one.  I would say nothing is out of the question if you can draw enough interest it it.  I would think, to justify the cost, of a club sponsored Eastern Meet that far south you would need to have at least 20 members willing to commit to coming.  Again, not set in stone.  The shows should be a 3 day event to make travel to it worth while to many.  It is best to find a show that has enough things to keep everyone busy like food, parts vendors, used parts sellers, cars for sale corral, special guests etc.

Please, if you would like to talk live on this subject feel free to give me a call, I think you have my cell phone number.

rob

I don’t think Good Guys is as crowded as the Auto Fair but I have never been either.

I would think if anyone is really not interested and does not plan on attending either one of those should not vote in the poll...kinda would lead false hope that there is more interest than there actually is.

No where near it.

what you see at the AutoFair is people taking Parts in between $50k show cars carrying them in and out between cars.. pulling buggy's with parts pertruding in danger of hitting cars.

I would think if anyone is really not interested and does not plan on attending either one of those should not vote in the poll...kinda would lead false hope that there is more interest than there actually is.

That's correct...

I also just sent out a mass email via group spaces today. with social media the forum does not get as much traffic as it used to it seems

I will definitely come for Tennessee if it happens! Make it my first southern meet.

I see you are in PA, hopefully you will consider either location when a decision is made.

I'm getting responses rolling into my email thanks for the replies so far!!

I am really excited about either meeting site.  I prefer the Smoky Mountains, but mostly for the scenery.  I will plan to attend at either site as soon as the place and dates are chosen!!!  Looking forward to meeting a lot of you.  I am new to the club, so this is terrific for me!