Red 1970 SS 454 featured in Musclecar Review in the late 1980s or early 1990s

I first fell in love with 1970 SS 454 Monte Carlos when I read about one in Musclecar Review magazine in the late 1980s or early 1990s.I have a collection of all of my old magazines, but I cant locate that one. Does anyone here have it? I remember that it was owned by Ralph Wyatt. If I knew what month and year it was, I could buy it on Ebay. The car was Red with a Black vinyl top and was loaded with options. I have seen a few references to Ralph Wyatt as being known as Mr. Monte Carlo. Does anyone here know him or the car?

Darren - I remember that issue and I think I have that one.  It says Monte Carlos, and actually featured 2 of them.  It's been years, even decades, but I think one was blue and one was Shadow Gray.  

I can't swear its the red one he's talking about.  

I haven't thrown away one car mag since I was 13....and now I'm pushing 50!  My wife is gonna kill me......she asks me "what are you saving them for???" and I really have no answer!

• Like 1

I haven't thrown away one car mag since I was 13....and now I'm pushing 50!  My wife is gonna kill me......she asks me "what are you saving them for???" and I really have no answer!

Mike, just tell your wife that you are the official FGMCC librarian responsible for publication archives. Not sure if that justifies keeping any copies prior to 1969 but hopefully she won't question that.   :grin:

• Like 2

Mike, just tell your wife that you are the official FGMCC librarian responsible for publication archives. Not sure if that justifies keeping any copies prior to 1969 but hopefully she won't question that.   :grin:

That's genius!  Thanks  :2beers:

• Like 2

I have that one and yes it features a blue one and a shadow gray one. I think I read somewhere that Ralph Wyatt had passed.Did anyone here know him?

Man I'm good!  LOL   :grin:  Funny how you remember this stuff!  I must have looked at that article 50 times back in the day.

And one was column and the other console.

Hoping Ralph is alive and well....

• Like 1

Ralph passed several years ago. He built several first gens in the 80s including one convertible.

The Shadow Gray car that was in MuscleCar Review in that time frame is likely mine. The photos from that shoot were used for the metal sign and the AMT model box cover as well.

• Like 1

Ralph passed several years ago. He built several first gens in the 80s including one convertible.

The Shadow Gray car that was in MuscleCar Review in that time frame is likely mine. The photos from that shoot were used for the metal sign and the AMT model box cover as well.

I have that metal SS454 sign hanging in my garage - nice trivia there!

Thanks

I went through my magazine collection and finally found the issue I was looking for. It is the October 1991 issue of Muscle Car Review. The feature car is stunning. Does anyone know where it is now?