Home Page  | How to Join  | Official Merchandise  | Western Meet | Eastern Meet | Meet Photos | Technical Info  | Museum  | Parts Sources  | Officers
Sign in to follow this  
A_Rescue

New Member SoCal

Hello All,

The name is John and I have been at the pound lately looking for an old faithful rescue to take home and clean up... a new best friend... a second chance kinda thing... you know... why get a new one when I could rescue an old one... So, while at the pound, I kept coming back across this one with sweet eyes and a long snoot.  I had to get it.  Black as could be, triple black I think they called it

Now its gonna take some time for her to get cleaned up... and I'm not quite sure how best to go about it yet.  It seems a while back she was bred for fighting, and a fighter she is... so says the sheet of paper in the center console that says 12.04 @ 112 MPH.  

A 1971 Monte Carlo SS454 sitting on a rack in a stable in Orange county.  She has a 454 (not numbers), TH400 tranny, low mileage, high horsepower, and track modified.  The interior is compete, some cancer at the fenders, and in need of paint and TLC.  

So why get a new one when I could rescue this baby.  Glad to find this website and I shall be documenting the path chosen for this baby...  Decision one to make... to T56 or Not to T56...  (The center console is soooo sweeeet with that horseshoe shifter)

post-24188-0-89108100-1531109819_thumb.jpg

post-24188-0-83066700-1531109852_thumb.jpg

post-24188-0-33534700-1531109895_thumb.jpg

post-24188-0-63451300-1531109927_thumb.jpg

post-24188-0-33455300-1531109955_thumb.jpg

post-24188-0-34263800-1531110035_thumb.jpg

Nice SS!!!! and triple black too!!!   Welcome!!!!

Welcome John! Looks like you have some good bones to work with. Thank you for rescuing the ol gal!

Looks like a solid beginning, keep us posted and Welcome to the club!!!

Welcome John, Of course I have to say that is a great find and the best of the 3 years..... lol    .so we know this is one of 1919 made that year......... Can we narrow it down more ? Does your vin number have all numbers in it or does it have a Letter in the middle ?

if its all numbers with no letters then it now becomes not only one of 1919 built but becomes possibly one of 147 built in Canada and even more so there were only 6 triple black 71 ss cars built in canada that year..

going to watch this posting...

Darren

Welcome John, Of course I have to say that is a great find and the best of the 3 years..... lol    .so we know this is one of 1919 made that year......... Can we narrow it down more ? Does your vin number have all numbers in it or does it have a Letter in the middle ?

if its all numbers with no letters then it now becomes not only one of 1919 built but becomes possibly one of 147 built in Canada and even more so there were only 6 triple black 71 ss cars built in canada that year..

going to watch this posting...

Darren

Dennis,  Its a "K" car, made in Kansas I think... 138571K144778

Its gonna take some time but we are doing it!!

Welcome aboard the boards. We hope you like what you see here and decide to become a full fledged dues paying member of the club. Keep the pictures coming.

rob

off the lift and dusted off and fired up... racing tranny removed and new TH400 going in....  time to go to the body shop...  so excited!

post-24188-0-00629700-1534287001_thumb.jpeg

I got her fired up today.  10 fresh galllons of gas... a fresh charge on the battery... she fired up but was belching black....   float stuck...  fuel leaking...  a little of this, a bit of cleaning of that and back on the motor.  WOW   running sweet.  very strong.   The body shop next as soon as I dare to go to DMV...

this is fun....   

post-24188-0-84111800-1534470067_thumb.jpg