Home Page  | How to Join  | Official Merchandise  | Western Meet | Eastern Meet | Meet Photos | Technical Info  | Museum  | Parts Sources  | Officers
Sign in to follow this  
Vinny

1970 Hubcap Options

Hi guys,

I wanted to know what hubcaps would have been available for a 1970 Monte Carlo? I know there were the plain janes and the color keyed caps. But what other hubcaps would have been available for 1970? I seem to remember reading that the corvette "turbine" were not available in 1970, is that correct?

Thanks

The parts book that I have shows 4 full wheel covers for 1970 Monte Carlos. 3972748 Colored, 3972645 Chrome, 3957645 (1st Design) Sim Wire Wheel, 3968716 Mag Type flat Black. See the attached pages. I remember the first 3 but I thought the mag type was for the Chevelle. I hope that helps

post-6465-0-07885500-1531251061_thumb.jpg

post-6465-0-03429700-1531251132_thumb.jpg

Mike,

That confirms what I thought, thanks!

Paul,

Thanks for the pics! Are all those wheels for 1970 chevrolets? Or a mix of years? It would have been cool if those turbine covers were available with the Monte Carlo crest hubs! 

Mike,

That confirms what I thought, thanks!

Paul,

Thanks for the pics! Are all those wheels for 1970 chevrolets? Or a mix of years? It would have been cool if those turbine covers were available with the Monte Carlo crest hubs! 

No, they fit 70-75 chevrolets