fuel and speedo issues with dakota digital

mymontesa70

why i haven't just ran a new harness by now i don't know. 

I put in a set of Dakota digital gauges which i love, but my speedo and fuel are having issues. My speedo is ran independently with the electronic sensor but it jumps around as it goes up like a dry cable would. I think i remember hearing if you run it too close to other wires you can get a interference issue or some sort of signal to noise ratio. to be honest this is the first step I've taken. not sure what i should do next aside from run it a different route. 

as for the fuel gauge its stuck on full. right off the bat i went and re did my ground for my sending unit but to no avail. i'm pretty sure our tanks should read 96 ohms when full and mines reading 192 ohms, which still sounds like  a grounding issue. my fuel isn't independent its bridge tapped into the original harness right where it would meet the old cluster.

as always any ideas are greatly appreciated, this place is gold for info. 

As far as the speedo I would add a choke to the signal wire. Are you running HEI or points? And if I remember correct there was a 100 Ohm difference from empty to full. If you are pegged full than you have power and the issue would be an open circuit or the float isn’t moving or stuck in the full postition. As far as the total resistance I really don’t remember but I think I wrote it down some where.

https://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Industrial-Scientific-Electronic-Chokes/zgbs/industrial/306789011

• 2 weeks later...

Glen i didnt even think to add a choke thats a great idea. As far as the fuel issue im putting in a tanks inc tank in the near future anyways maybe ill just straight feed it then.

thanks