weatherstrip for windows and doors

G71

i am looking to purchase new weatherstrip for my 71 (all doors, windows, trunk etc)

i tried the parts place as others have recommended but their on line catalog leaves a lot to be desired.

has anyone had luck with any one particular vendor or brand for this item?

i will be holding off on replacement for the doors and trunk until after paint but i need the quarter window vertical asap

thanks

I used ausleys Chevelle. They have a kit/package for the Chevelle that phantom fits our cars and it was the cheapest around and still used quality parts. Softseal parts.

You will never give wrong with Metro Moulded for ALL of your weather strip needs. They make the absolute best fitting product for our cars.

rob

Just purchased this kit, has every stripping required, rubber seems soft and came with quality adhesives.  

https://www.weatherstripspecial.com/ info@weatherstripspecial.com Order Details -------------------------------- Item       : 1970 1971 1972 Monte Carlo Weatherstrip Kit for SS and Custom SKU        : 7072DKIT Quantity   : 1 Item Price : $339.00 Item Total : $339.00

john

Ausley's Chevelle is always a good choice,

They will always have the highest quality product that the market has to offer !!!

They GUARANTEE the lowest price !!!

Even if their advertised price is higher

Shop around then call with your lowest price and they will beat it. GUARANTEED !!!

They also have one of the best RETURN policies in the industry.

Ausley'sChevelle.com

1-800-900-1898

• 2 weeks later...

i think the quality of all the companies are really hit and miss. I have never found an aftermarket seal company where i was totally satisfied. I usually pick and choose what im going to use from each company.

SteeleRubber is the worst in my opinion. I bought a $2000 kit from them for a lincoln and only about 40% of it was usable 

My vote is the Metro stuff...especially for the roof rail seal. It has the correct corners for the front windows. The soft seal stuff is good but I think it's more of a mass produced product than attention to detail.

Steve

The items I have gotten from Metro are top of the line. Not only that they sponsor many of our Eastern a Western Meets.

rob

• Like 2