Resignation

Kevin Wiles

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by Ben N:

<strong>

PS: I HOPE you're NOT gonna go off and start a Mustank club!!! HA HA HA, LOL... wink:Plaugh

Ben N

lol That is too funny Ben! I heard they were going to start a paranoid’s anonymous meeting but they could not decide on a place to meet.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for all the kind words. It has truly been my pleasure. I love to hear that this club has influenced people to buy or keep their Monte, or that it helped them so much. It was a hard decision, and I kept it all to myself, and let nobody even know what I was thinking. I thought and thought and thought to myself everyday, and everyday it seemed increasingly more like the right thing to do. So at lunch at work I swallowed my pride and typed the above post from yesterday. Then I hurried up and hit the submit button before I changed my mind. A few minutes later I called and told my wife what I had done. She thought I was joking. But I was not. She was very upset because she knows how much this club means to me and how it is my #1 biggest accomplishment (aside from my family of course). So she wrote this little paragraph or two for you all to read, so I'll post it here now and put it in the newsletter.

To All of FGMCC,

I don’t really know how to begin this, but I want each and every one of you to know this club was Kevin’s life. We have been together for 7 ½ years now and I remember him coming to me four years ago and mentioning that he was going to start the only First Generation Monte Carlo Club. Of course, I thought he was crazy. I would have never known that it would have grown so big. From the few newsletters that we printed on our computer and hand written addresses to getting 300 copies and having addresses labeled, and from ordering 100 shirts to a 1000, and how the website has changed, and I cannot believe there is a store now. We have gone BIG. I am very proud of his accomplishments and sad at the same time that he will no longer be president, but always knowing he was the FOUNDER. I look around our game room and see all the plaques and certificates and the club banner with the logo on it. That logo is something I will always identify Kevin with. He is handing the club over to someone else only for the better. This shows you here that FGMCC is very important to him. We will still be here if anything is needed. With getting married, having a baby, working full-time, and just everyday hustle, Kevin didn’t feel like he was giving the club what it needed or deserved. Life has changed a lot since the beginning of FGMCC. I have thoroughly enjoyed meeting some of you and with your interests so close to ours it was like we knew you all the time. It’s almost like leaving your family. I have shed the tears because this club has been my life too. I have told Kevin it is sad to see him pass on something he wanted for so long. A lot of people don’t realize that he is only 23, and if he didn’t have so much on his shoulders or didn’t have to spend all his time at work he would be able to make this club meet its potential. We will still make it to the meets that we can, and we will keep you informed with the progress of “The Coke Machine Project” (which we will have a little more time for). And who knows maybe a great debut meet when it is done! I can’t wait to see how this club will grow in the next four years and beyond. This is not a farewell, but a beginning to bigger and better FGMCC. NO ONE CAN EVER TAKE THE FIRST GENERATION MONTE CARLO CLUB AWAY FROM US. IT IS HERE TO STAY!

Best Wishes to All,

First Lady, Jennifer L. Wiles

Kevin,

Thanks for keeping the club going so far and good luck in what ever you have to do now. We hope you will stay on the boards. I want to see the Coke machine when it is done! I can understand where you are coming from as I have been busy with my family and other hobbies the last year and my Monte has been sitting.

Ian

Sorry to hear that you are stepping down. I have been a menber for a short time but i do know what it is to be pull all ways. My father has cancer so trying to take care of two places is a job plus a new baby girl just arrived. So Kevin keep your chin up and hope to meet you at one of the shows. 72 MONTEMAN

Kevin,

Sorry to hear that you have to give up something that was your dream, but it just shows how much you care about the club by stepping down. I'm sure that it will keep going strong and you will be remembered as the founder. Like George said, you should be granted a lifetime membership.

I've only been a member for just over a year and thanks to this club I've learned more than ever about my Monte, it's obvious everyone here has learned something about thier car from this club.

There have been a lot of friends made here and abroad as well.

Thanks for taking the initiative to start it and to keep things going and growing! Hope the extra time you have bring lots of extras to your life. You can't get too much of the good things in life, whether it be just stopping to smell the flowers, watching an ant trying to carry food home, or watching a sunset, you have to take the time to do it.

Thanks again

Don

Well i was not online when Kevin made this post, I was called earlier tonight while i was at work and told about it. Shock and disbelief best say how i felt. Then the reality of the situation hit me, and hit pretty hard. I never thought this day would come, and it brings great sorrow to me.

I spoke with Kevin about 2 hours ago, and we talked for around 45 minutes. During that talk i did accept the position of President of the FGMCC. This club, and it's members are a wonderful group of people, and i hope and pray that i can fill the void properly.

The transition will not be easy i am sure, but i believe we can all get through it, just please be patient.

Kevin was always very dedicated to this club, and i know always will be. Kevin is our founder no matter what, nothing will ever change that, and no one can ever take that away smile It has been an honor to work with Kevin to make this club what it is today. We will continue to grow more and more as time goes on, and make it something for him to really be even prouder over!

There will be an officers meeting held very soon, i need to find out the best time for everyone, and work from there.

Thank you to the members who have faith in me, I hope i can be as good of a President, as it appears i was as a Vice President. We have made great leaps and bounds over the past couple years, and we will continue to do so as time passes. Our online community is supurb, our store is going excellent, so now we will focus on the new task at hand!

LONG LIVE THE FGMCC!!!

Once again sorry your situation does not allow you to maintain the helm Kevin.

I have talked briefly with Pete tonight and it sounds like we are in very good hands. As Pete says, we have to turn this around to be a positive thing. Hearing the ideas Pete has in mind for some moderate but well needed changes I have no doubt we are going to be able to do big things to make Kevin and his first lady very proud.

So hang on while we go thru some transitions but I am sure they will all be for positive effect.

Congratulation Pete, on achieving and being worthy of such a prestigious position you have now achieved.

fgmcc

P.S. I almost forgot, Pete you are going to have to edit your info under your Avatar now, and the Mariners won tonight homer in the bottom of the 9th to win it.

Hail to the chief!

Congrats, Pete! This time I will put the club officer meet in mu calendar! laugh

Hail to the chief!

Yes, indeed! Congratulations on your new position, Pete. I believe that Kevin has passed the torch of leadership into good hands. smile

Dave

Kevin...a huge Thankyou for starting this GreatFamily, The Family of the First MonteCarlo.

This is a wonderful place you envisioned and caused to be built for all of us Knightfans .We now a have the best source of info to rebuild/restore/restify our beloved cars .

Congratulations Pete and thankyou for accepting. I am certain Kevin has chosen wisley in asking you to succeed him . does this mean you are no longer #2? wink

this club will pull together with you and continue to make this the special place Kevin and Jennifer have given to us .

mike

WOW is right.

After I replied here about my vacation coming to an end and catching up on the news, I was informed I had better check this out.

I went here imediately and was, to say the least, speechless.

I,with all others, want to thank Kevin for everything he has done and accomplished. I know life can be very challanging and you have to have your priorities. Family and job are two of the top.

I joined the club like many others, by searching my computer for info on 1st gen. Montes for info and was amazed at the club I found. I had to join it imediately. I had just bought my car and wanted to connect with other Monte owners.

Thanks again, Kevin. With the extra spare? time, maybe you'll be able to post on here more and enjoy the club as we do.

Les

George is right he should get a lifetime free membership. I think it would be the least we could do as a token of appreciation. Godspeed to Kevin and his family.

Mac

Kevin , Im sorry to hear your stepping down ,but if it is what you need to do , then perhaps it is for the best. Im sure Pete will do a fine job .I am a member of 3 different car clubs and observing the FGMCC, I am very impressed with both the leadership and the club in general. Not having been around at the beginning I had absolutely no idea that the club was only 4 years old . It has always given off the feel of a club with a much longer history . I hope the transition is a smooth one and all goes well for everyone involved.

Dan

Hey Kevin,

I've been with you since 1997 when you started the original web site. The things you've done and the sacrifices you have made are all GREATLY appreciated. I feel like I grew with you.

Now you are making the biggest sacrifice of all. It is very big of you to make this decision. I think it is the right decision for you and your family.

Thank you for starting the web site, the FGMCC club and organizing the car show gatherings. I'm sorry I did not offer more of my assistance and become more involved. I will always stick with the club and this message board and I know these brainchilds of yours will not fall to incapable hands (you wouldn't allow it).

Good luck with your other responsibilities and your ever-changing life. Your Monte family will always be here for you.

Woow..! I just realized yu're about 23yrs old now, that means yu started this club when you were 19 eek My hat is off to you a second time for that Kevin.

Now as known, behind a successful wise man there's a wise woman, two thumbs up to Jennifer too for participating and allowing Kevin the time to steer this boat that became a ship.

Now for the so called "Darth Vader" Pete, now you're going to be the "Emperor", just make sure you don't get to the last episode cause we all now what happens there.... :rolleyes:

Good luck Pete I'm sure this ship is in good hands and you're going to do great.

Dave

Kevin - I've never meet you, but I greatly respect you and what you have accomplished with this site and club. Every ones life changes and marriage and children are some big ones! Take time and enjoy your life and be proud of yourself and what you have created!! Who knows, mabye you will be president of the club again someday!! Best of luck!

Brian

George is right he should get a lifetime free membership. I think it would be the least we could do as a token of appreciation. Godspeed to Kevin and his family.

Mac

I second (or third, or fourth) the motion! Having been out of the loop myself, and coming back to this, it was quite a shocker, but basically, sometimes in life you have to prioritize. Putting your family before a bunch of car-enthusiasts, and a club that has exploded from the 100 maybe members that were here when I joined to over 300 or more, is admirable. Thanks for everything you have done Kevin, I'm sure Pete will keep the torch glowing bright! fgmcc

Kevin, I understand your decision to step down. I myself am only 21 and i have been noticing that these are the years that start to shape the rest of your life and how important it is to make the right decision. I have been around since before i can remember back on the old web site and from time to time i have participated a lot in conversations on the board and times when i didnt have time to even check it for a month at a time. People come and people go but you have been such a strong leader by putting forth so much dedication. I have to congradulate you for makeing it this long at such a young age. There are not many people in the world that could have contributed so much in time and effort to something that back in the day seemed like we were few and far in between(monte owners) to now what you and everyone else has built to be a place where we all feel united as a family. It keeps us from getting overwhelmed with the diffaculties of having a love for a out of the ordinary car. I just want you and everyone else to know that this website has been the savior to me with respect to my monte. If it wasn't for your wesite and club efforts i am not sure that i would have been able to make it so far with my monte. You truely have created a place that helps people more than you can imagine. Thank you Very Much! And Pete, what can i say but i sure wish he would have handed the club over to someone worth a darn:-) Actually i agree that Pete is our best man for the job. Pete has had such an intrest in the board for as long as i remember him. i see it only fit for him to step up in the world from being just crappy old #2.

I remember the first time I discoverd that there was even such thing as a FGMCC,now that I'm a member and I see how much of a family this club is,I'm kind of sorry to see Kevin step down as president/founder.Although with club current membership and pete's determination I'm sure the club will continue to grow. Best of luck Kevin and thank you from the bottom of my heart for giving us a place to belong. I hope to meet you at a future meet, thanks again . Rod

Thanks everyone for the kind words toward Kevin, and myself. I had a couple issues pop up on me out of the blue since all of this took place, but things are coming back together now so we will pull through this.

I would like to thank Kevin for getting this site, club, and group of great people with a similiar interest together. I'm sure I couldn't count the hours that have gone in to this. I would also like to thank Pete for stepping up to the position. I'm sure, even with my very short time here, that the club will continue to strive under his guidence. And lets not forget all the other peolpe that keep this club and site moving forward. I don't want to mention names, in danger of forgetting someone. There are store directors, forum moderators, meet orginizers, officers, and others. I want to extend a thank you to all involved that it takes to keep club not only active, but growing. You are doing a great job. Big J