Home Page  | How to Join  | Official Merchandise  | Western Meet | Eastern Meet | Meet Photos | Technical Info  | Museum  | Parts Sources  | Officers
Sign in to follow this  
Vinny

Chrome Plater Advice

Hey guys,

I'm looking to chrome my front bumper soon. Any advice on a good chrome shop? I'm located in Southern Cal. Am I better off shipping my bumper out of state (because of Ca air regulations)?

Thanks guys!

I believe most of the chrome shops in CA. farm out the chrome plating to Mexico where the environmental rules are not as stringent.  But if your looking for a Top Quality job, probably a reputable US chrome shop would be in your future.  I can't recommend one as I haven't had anything re chromed at least for now.

Doug 

I just had both bumpers for one of my 70 SSs done by Tri City Plating in TN. 

I suspect that is probably too far for you but they do a great job.

Tri -city does an excellent job. Also, Paul's Chrome in PA. does a great job too. If you ship these you might want to check out Greyhound Bus Lines, yes, I said Greyhound, I had my '72

Jim

Grille shipped this way from Virginia and was a lot less than UPS or FedEx.

Another vote for Tri-City. They have done all my bumpers. Top quality work at a reasonable price. I know Pauls does nice work too but they charge top dollar. Wrap the bumper in heavy paper with packing tape and you're good to go for the ride there.

I'll give Tri City a call. I'm guessing shipping will be quite a bit, but they sure have a good reputation here. Thanks guys

Hey, Vinny,

Not that you need any further convincing, but I had a complete set of bumper guards re-plated by Tri City and they came out great.  Of course, shipping was not a big deal for these so I hope you can find some reasonable way to ship your bumpers.  That Greyhound option sounds interesting.

post-567-0-40869400-1533851489_thumb.jpgpost-567-0-07708400-1533851459_thumb.jpgpost-567-0-36752700-1533851506_thumb.jpgpost-567-0-81191300-1533851752_thumb.jpgpost-567-0-30715900-1533851588_thumb.jpgpost-567-0-71365000-1533851685_thumb.jpg

tri city ,did my bumper guards ,turned out great ,also bought a trunk lid and the seller used greyhound ,cheaper than anybody else

this might sound nuts but i have learned to never give the chrome shop a ton of parts at once. It seems if you give them 10k+ worth of chrome work at once it gets rushed.

I like to give them one big part like a bumper then 4 or 5 small parts at a time. It costs a tad more that way but they seem to take more pride in their work when its a few parts for a customer rather than a bulk package.