trying to identify what the thingy looks like for the doodad

Steve G

the 402 i picked up is a 71 and totally original  but the pipe that connects from the air cleaner to the exhaust shield is missing... i cant find a good pic on the net to figure out what i need. the exhaust shield has a rectangular opening for the pipe... yeah i need the thing that goes in the rectangular hole... thanks. 

its the base i cant figure out.. and is the pipe a steel tube or flex tubing?

Don't quote me on on this but I believe it being a tube. Perhaps someone else will chime in.

• Like 1

IMG_2024_zps575r1pmf.jpg

IMG_2022_zpsg4hdbajk.jpg

Top picture is a picture of the parts brand new and the lower one is the one on my 1971 454.

The battleship part is metal and the flex tube resembles cardboard on the outside that is corrugated but is like a tin foil on the inside.

hope that helps

Darren

IMG_2024_zps575r1pmf.jpg

IMG_2022_zpsg4hdbajk.jpg

Top picture is a picture of the parts brand new and the lower one is the one on my 1971 454.

The battleship part is metal and the flex tube resembles cardboard on the outside that is corrugated but is like a tin foil on the inside.

hope that helps

Darren

Thanks Darren , the top pic is identical to the one i need... i need the square-to-round part that slides to the bottom silver tin. If you know where to get this item please let me know.. or if you have one i got PayPal. Or i will gladly take the one off your 454.. if you cant get it off you can send me the entire engine with it.. thats a work of art!