Home Page  | How to Join  | Official Merchandise  | Western Meet | Eastern Meet | Meet Photos | Technical Info  | Museum  | Parts Sources  | Officers
Sign in to follow this  
LS5

Hometown Car show Today

Well I lined up at 6am this morning to enter with 450 other cars for our local and annual Car Show here in town. This year I had the ONLY monte in the whole Park... Nice to hear comments of Hey this is great at least its not another Chevelle or Camaro. Or this is something you dont see all the time and its awesome.

I had a great day and got to answer tons of questions on Canadian built Monte's that many didnt know. 

IMG_3644_zpsenojntjh.jpg

IMG_3643_zps0xorxr7f.jpg

IMG_3645_zpshkvoab0p.jpg

Darren

just out of curiosity whats the difference with a Canadian built monte ?

Canadian-built cars have better documentation than US-built cars since GM Canada has all the records available upon request. These records are also available for cars originally purchased in Canada regardless of where it was built. Canadian-built 71 SS454s can be proven without a build sheet too since the Z20 option code is stamped on cowl tag. 

Looks great! Will you be bringing this car to the Western Meet next year Darren. I would love to see it in person.

Looks great! Will you be bringing this car to the Western Meet next year Darren. I would love to see it in person.

Yes Aaron I will be bringing the 71ss, this is the 1 that took me 3 years to do at home in the garage. 

Darren

darren, where did you get that piece that goes over the horns and radiator,looks good