2019 Western Meet: Penticton, BC

Canuck

21 minutes ago, colonel said:

Is the record still at the 25 cars we had there in 2017?

The record is 27 members set at the 2015 meet in Penticton.

32 members now!!

The Peach City Beach Cruise is now up to 500 cars registered of the 850 spots. This will sell out so register for the event soon if you are planning to put a car in the show.

As for hotel, book ASAP if you have not yet done so.

I have been wondering if anyone is interested in doing a Monte Convoy when traveling north to the US/Canadian border? We are taking 97 north once across the mountains. Even if its 2 or 3 cars, it would still be neat to drive up together. This will be the longest distance trip we have taken in our 71. 

• Like 1

On 1/22/2019 at 5:56 PM, NWmonte71 said:

I have been wondering if anyone is interested in doing a Monte Convoy when traveling north to the US/Canadian border? We are taking 97 north once across the mountains. Even if its 2 or 3 cars, it would still be neat to drive up together. This will be the longest distance trip we have taken in our 71. 

Sure! Drive to my house then we can cruise the remaining 3 minutes to the hotel... 😁

• 3 weeks later...

Can't wait for winter to go away. Here's the "Peach" along Lakeshore Drive where the Peach City Beach Cruise car show will be held.

No photo description available.

It will be much warmer in June

Image may contain: one or more people and outdoor

Image may contain: sky and outdoor

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

With another winter of mysterious issues with the Monte behind me..........again, and one minor issue since I got it running again this spring I am confident enough to make a bold prediction.

I will not get the hard luck award or even be in the running this year.  I am certain it will be smooth sailing at this years event for my car.

Looking forward to it more everyday.

• Like 2

I picked up the awards and dash plaques today for the Western Meet. Dash plaques for each member attending and 12 award categories for our banquet.

FAEED700-000B-4D03-BC49-FF2AB01A1C9B.jpeg

• Like 1

Add member from Wisconsin joining us at the meet. Now 7 states and 4 provinces represented at this meet!

3 hours ago, Canuck said:

Add member from Milwaukee joining us at the meet. Now 7 states and 4 provinces represented at this meet!

Wow, almost 2000 miles.  You will have to talk them into coming to Carlisle next year for the Eastern Meet for the celebration of the 50th anniversary of Monte Carlo.  Now, tell us if they are driving or trailering.  

rob

13 hours ago, Rob Peters said:

Wow, almost 2000 miles.  You will have to talk them into coming to Carlisle next year for the Eastern Meet for the celebration of the 50th anniversary of Monte Carlo.  Now, tell us if they are driving or trailering.  

rob

He’s driving. His Monte isn’t ready though so he’s not bringing it. He’s just coming to spend time with the FGMCC family.

April and I finalized the route for the lakeside cruise that will be taking place on June 20th. For those of you who will be here for the Thursday cruise you are in for a treat. The cruise will start at 10am at the Rosedale Motel. If you are not bringing your Monte Carlo to the meet you will be able to find a ride in another member’s Monte for the cruise.