shop manuals

A_Rescue

I have been searching for the complete set of GM shop manuals for the 1971 ss454.  There are options out there but I am not sure what to go with, prices are all over the place.  Manuals on a CD are available and reasonably priced but I prefer paper...

Any recommendations?  

Thanks

john

I’ve picked mine up at auto swap meets over the years. Usually there are dealers for these there. Our manuals are pretty common as they include Impala, Chevelle, etc.

There is no shop manual specifically for the Monte Carlo-or any specific body line for that matter.

The chassis service book is the closest you'll get and it covers all models of Chevrolet passenger cars for a specific year.

https://www.opgi.com/monte-carlo/1971/books/service-manuals/

Paper manuals can be found as stated above at swap meets and eBay and so on. I prefer the CD as I can plan a project, print what I need and then when done throw away. Not having to worry about grease oils and damage while working. 

ended up here, I have used them before and was pleased.  I have some on CD for other vehicles Mark and they are quite complete, but I prefer to take notes and flip pages...  Like Aaron says... greasy fingerprints...

I ordered 4 manuals, GM shop manual, GM chassis repair manual, GM electrical wiring, and the Chiltons repair manual

81 bucks...

https://books4cars.com/listings.php?findmake=Chevrolet&model=Monte%20Carlo&year=1971&type=Shop