Need bucket seat suggestions

MikeParker

I need your guys help.  The bench to buckets/console conversion is nearly completed. New motor is in, 2004R is in, console, shifter and linkage is completed, etc... Last step is seats and carpet.  My plan was to use swivel buckets from a 74 I picked up a couple years ago.  They are too tall, and I've kicked a lot of ideas around, but I don't think any of them are going to work.  So..  I need help on where to get a set, or what aftermarket ones will work.  Whatever I get will need to be reupholstered to match the custom interior of the car.

All suggestions are welcomed and appreciated.

I tried swivel buckets in my Monte when I first got it as well.  There was a Monte Carlo at Street Machine Nationals this year that had swivel buckets, he said that he cut the track down so that it didn't sit so high.

Thanks for the replies.   I looked at cutting down the brackets and welding studs in, but that would only gain about 1 inch... I need at least 4 inches.

Jared... thanks for the offer.  any idea what shipping 2 buckets to central MN would cost?  I found a couple of OEM sets....both in Indiana, which may work out because I'm originally from there and heading back for a wedding next month.   They were in really rough shape.. and asking $450 for the pair.   WAY better than OPGI at around $2200.  But as I stated before, I will have to reupholster them anyway to match the car, so I'm OK with bad covers and foam... just need to have solid frame and springs.

• 2 weeks later...