Back from the Dead

LuckyKenny

Hey everyone,

It's been way too long. I still have my car and it's still running strong, I'm doing well and living and working in NYC and I just started the final year of my masters degree.

I put about 2k miles on the car this summer and was often reminiscing about this forum and the fact that it'll be 10 years now I've had the car. It's a miracle that I didn't wrap it around a telephone pole in high school at 16 and at 26 it's a miracle I've even have had the privilege to own it in the first place.

I hope everyone is doing well and had a nice Labor Day weekend.

About selling the car, don't ask because it's not for sale.

post-628-0-40188200-1536136163_thumb.jpg

post-628-0-20836700-1536136174_thumb.jpg

post-628-0-10663100-1536136527_thumb.jpg

post-628-0-19411000-1536136538_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Hey, Kenny, welcome back!  It seemed like you got swallowed up by the Big Apple a couple years ago - glad to hear you still have your '72 and are still putting some miles on it.  Even more glad to hear you have been focusing on your education and photography passion. Are you still riding the snazzy bike you got for campus?

You probably remember meeting at the Foster's Wednesday night car show in N Fort Myers a few years back?  I believe there are quite a few FGMCC members in the NYC area if you want to hook up with the local action there.  There have been a lot of changes in club membership and forum posters since you've been gone, but everyone is still friendly and helpful so don't be bashful about jumping back in when you can.

• 1 month later...

Welcome back Kenny. If you have some time and want to take a ride out to Long Island, there is always something going on out here. The car show season is starting to slow down. We do get together weekly on Sunday mornings (weather permitting) and cruise out by Robert Moses State Park to one of the various cruise in locations. This particular cruise goes year round  (weather permitting) or until the first road sand - salt goes down. PM me if you would like to join us. I will give you all the particulars then. We are a large group of active FGMCC members. Come join us for "Cars and Coffee". Again, welcome back and good luck with your Master degree studies. 

Hey Kenny,

Not to interfere with your studies but I never realized you were so close.  With an overdrive tranny I am surprised you haven't joined us more often.  We likely have at least 13 restored Montes here on Long Island.  Usually get at least 4-5 on any given Sunday at Captree boat basin (old OBI parking lot during beach season when they charge at Captree).  If you planned on heading out I am sure we can wake up a few more that have been dormant too much this year.  Summers for cruises is great on Long Island.

We have cruises on:

Tuesdays (OysterBay streets surrounding Billy Joels motorcycle museum), Thursdays,  Fridays, Saturdays and Sunday mornings.

We all usually pick one or two a week to meet up at so Monte's show up in force.  Just reach out if you ever have the urge.

Dan