lower rear trim

ZeroMick

So I've started putting the trim back on after paint and something puzzled to me when I got around to the lower rear 1/4 trim... how does it attach?

There's the 3 screw hols on the bottom under the fender lip but how does the top attach to stop it flapping around?

I cant remember there being anything there when I took it off.

post-16162-0-61159400-1536230565_thumb.png

Silver Duct Tape, any good handyman could fix anything with duct tape.

Of course I am just kidding. Those are not screw holes, they are where trim clips attach and the trim is held on with them. I am sure some members will chime in with pictures and also sure some members can tell you where to get them.

ron

Yes, the holes underneath are for screws, not clips. For the top edge, there are three teardrop shaped clips that fasten to the quarter panel with screws. The big end goes up and the lip of the trim slips down behind them. You'll have to layout and drill a hole for each. I don't see the factory holes in your pic. They must have gotten filled in. I'll get a pic of one for you in bit.

Dan

There are three of those clips that Dan posted. The curved edge is at the top. The lip of the trim hangs on these three clips then you screw the trim to the bottom of the quarter. Locating where to screw these on your quarter panel is the fun part. What I did is screw the trim at the bottom and hold it up on the quarter. I put a piece of masking tape in the body where the trim comes up to then removed the trim. I then had a reference on my quarter panel where the trim comes up to. This allowed me figure out where to drill the tiny holes for the screws for the 3 clips.