My 1972

Frankie1969

I’m trying to figure out the horn and I feel as though something is missing. I’ve pulled the steering wheel pad and then the wheel itself and the only thing behind it is the locking plate and snap ring. I’ve got into the guts of it and replaced the spring/ wire connection and the wire connects to the pad, but I can recall a flat round disc in front of the old lock plate from my old one. It just seems that I’m missing something. Yes still no horn.

Exactly like that but without the solid dish, mine has many factory notches in the plate. Unless of course that this is what I’m missing that goes over the plate 🤔. I also picked up the connecting with that mounts to the steering wheel tab and that’s where I’m stuck.

Thats a plastic cover. Some have some don't. When you take it apart and the horn plate is on the spring? Yes? The spring then sits on a collar of sorts that slips/locks into the upper bearing. Is that there? And silly question, is the horn relay, near the brake booster good?  The column is pretty straight forward. 

Frank what style wheel will you be using? If it is not the optional NK-4 , four spoke sport wheel, you will not need the three parts in your second picture. If it will be the standard wheel you will use the wire in your first picture. You never use the pieces in the first picture along with the pieces in the second picture. It is one or the other. 

Edited by RealRed70
add pictures

I thought something was a little fishy about having two different connector ends with the same lock in type connection on the other. They ended up selling me both contact pieces under their direction. Sneaks. O’well, I’m happy that this is figured out. I’ll try to remedy this today. Thank you 👍🏼

DA70DB82-DE89-44E3-9F4D-395121DA689E.png