Home Page  | How to Join  | Official Merchandise  | Western Meet | Eastern Meet | Meet Photos | Technical Info  | Museum  | Parts Sources  | Officers
Rob Peters

2019 Carlisle Mini-Meet

Good Evening Monte People.... I know it is early but I wanted to let everyone know that I am planning a First Generation Monte Carlo Club Mini-Meet in Carlisle.  This should come as no surprise for most of the membership because I have been doing this same mini-meet on the years that the Eastern Meet is not being held there.

This is not a replacement for the Eastern Meet, it is simply a mini-meet.  There will be no club awards.  I hope to have some door prizes but nothing like I would usually have at the Eastern Meet, the door prizes I will have will be ones that I purchase myself or can get local businesses to donate.  

My plan is to have a Pizza Party on Thursday Night.  Thursday night will be a night of Bench Racing and if I can arrange an early enough arrival I would like to have a trip for everyone to the Carlisle Sports emporium for some great go-cart racing prior to the Pizza Party.

I have a contract with the Fairfield Inn and Suites for 25 rooms and have had this signed contract for 3 years.  This property is already sold out for this time period but the block of rooms I already have is secure.  The cost of these rooms is the same as they were for the Eastern Meet this past year and are as follows:

GROUP ROOM RATES

Room Type       Rate for June 21& 22       Rates surrounding dates

2 Queen                           $159.00                          $99.00

King                                 $159.00                          $99.00

King Suite                       $169.00                        $119.00

Queen Suite                   $169.00                        $119.00 

Hotel room rates are subject to applicable state and local taxes in effect at the time of check in.  DO NOT CALL THE MARRIOTT 800 NUMBER TO MAKE YOUR RESERVATIONS, call the hotel directly to reserve your room at 717-243-2080 because the Marriott reservation 800 NUMBER will not have the special rates. 

If you are interested in attending this mini-meet please contact me at rob29fod@aol.com or leave me a PM here or respond to this post.  

rob

All I need to do now is register for the event itself   Been a lot going on lately as you know with Wilbur being in the hospital for 22 days!  I myself had a heart attack while sitting with him at the hospital.  Guess I better make myself a note to register.  Can’t afford to do it until after the first of the year! Lol 

I made our Carlisle Events registration yesterday.  If you are going it would be to do it within the next week or week and a half.  Up until 12/31/2018 they are offering a 20% holiday discount on your registration.  They have raised the registration to $45 so this 20% brings the price down.  If your wife/husband/significant other is looking for a last minute Christmas Gift for you this is a great item.  My registration is one of my Christmas gifts from Patsy.

Go to www.carlisleevents.com and select the Chevrolet Nationals and when making your registration don't forget to select the First Generation Monte Carlo Club as your club affiliation.

rob

Good Evening and Happy New Year to you all,

Well, 2019 has arrived and it is time to swing into action to start looking ahead to getting your Winter Monte projects going and or completed.  It is also not too early to start planning ahead to my June Mini-Meet in Carlisle Pa at the Chevrolet Nationals.

For newer members and members who have never attended this mini-meet or an Eastern Meet in Carlisle, this is a great event and a great place to meet a large number of club members in person.  I have contracted with the Fairfield Inn and Suites again this year and they have already told me they are looking forward to our arrival and I can tell you I am looking forward to another cruise season with our cars.  Right now I have started to remove my AC components to send them away for restoration in preparation for driving with ICE COLD Monte Interior.

Some of you have already made your reservations for the hotel and some have also registered for the Chevrolet Nationals.  If you haven't done so yet you may want to do so soon.  As of today 8 of the 25 rooms have already been reserved, leaving only 17 remaining in our block of rooms.  

I know this is only a Mini-Meet but since this Mini-Meet is so popular I like to try to track who is coming, who has reserved and what kind of a crowd we will have so if your could please let me know when you have made your reservations I would appreciate it and please provide the below information for my tracking purposes.  You can respond to this post with your information or send me an email at rob29ford@aol or even leave me a Private Message here on the site with your information.  You can copy and paste the below list of information to your reply.

I hope to arrive by noon on Thursday.  Thursday evening we will have our usual Pizza Party.  Thursday Afternoon we are planning to make the short trip to the Carlisle Sports Emporium for some competitive Go-Cart Races.  Last year we had a blast there and it was a popular activity so we are going to return again this year.

To register for the show go to www.carlisleevents.com and select the Chevrolet Nationals to and be sure you select the First Generation Monte Carlo Club as your club affiliation.

To make your reservations at the hotel please call the hotel direct and tell them you are part of the First Generation Monte Carlo Club for the special rate I have negotiated.  Call the hotel at 717-243-2080.  If you don't get the special rate please let me know and I will get things corrected.  To see the room types and their costs please see the post at the beginning of this string.
rob
Below is the information I need:
Last Name:
First Name:
Screen Name:
Name Of Others In Your Party:
Total Number In Your Party:
Home City & State:
Arrival Date:
Depart Date:
Driving/Trailering:
Car Year:
Car Color:
Vinyl Top:
Stock/Street/Modified:
Hotel:
Room Type (Qn/Qn, Qn/Qn Suite, King or King Suite):
Email Address:

Munday

Jay

Gerard Munday

Jenny

Reading pa

Thurs. 20 jun 19

Sun 23 jun 19

Driving

Red (Hot Poppy)

No

Modified

Fairfield

King

jnjmunday@comcast.net

Great Jay, I look forward to seeing you and Jenny

rob

Rob, wasnt this somewhere else other than the email you sent out? I remember filling it out on here somewhere.

2 hours ago, 7tonemonte said:

Rob, wasnt this somewhere else other than the email you sent out? I remember filling it out on here somewhere.

Tony,

I also sent it by email to those who attended the Eastern Meet there last year since some don't  make it here to the club site often.

rob