Home Page  | How to Join  | Official Merchandise  | Western Meet | Eastern Meet | Meet Photos | Technical Info  | Museum  | Parts Sources  | Officers
Sign in to follow this  
LS5

Not so good.

Well things are not so good so I am told as of Yesterday. A majority of you have followed my posts in the past about dealing with Chronic Kidney disease and going through loosing my first kidney. I have done what I am supposed to do in the last 4 years and kept my last kidney at 47% functionality and life carries on as there is no cure and 47% is the highest it will go they say. On September 6th they took me in thinking I had a heart attack and did what they had to do to get me through that including cardio tests and EKG and so on, I have been off work since but something slipped through the cracks on my bloodwork. Yep my Kidney function, Yesterday I was told I am in a little bit of trouble. I have dropped from 47% down to 31% functionality, so I am floating on a 2% window that would put me at Stage 4 CKD and in hospital on Dialysis if I drop below 30%. So I am off work indefinitely now and wait for more bloodwork and test related to that. The catch 22 is the meds I need will effect my Cardiology (heart) and the Cardio meds I need will effect my Kidney, so I am stuck. I am at home resting as much as I can and do go out when I can or need to but I get super dizzy and nauseated real quick if out too long and driving can be a challenge to say the least.

Just thought I would share with my family here as venting sometimes helps, as sitting at home leaves the door open to thinking too much. Great to be 52 and have CKD and Heart issues already........ all I need is my TB to wake up and I am in real trouble hahahaha. But I push on as only I can so my kids and granddaughter dont know the full picture and the toll. Pain is not my friend these days, it takes such a lot out of you........

Darren.

Darren, 

I am so sorry to hear this, and want you to know that you and your family are in our thoughts and prayers, and will continue to be everyday

Darren, 

I am very sorry to hear this news. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. 

I’ll second what Mr Boyte said. Are you eligible to be placed on a kidney transplant list? I hope your functioning kidney will behave and increase its function and you’ll stay off of dialysis until absolutely necessary. Continued good thoughts for you Darren

Darren, I can't even find the right words my friend. Your attitude is amazing to say the least. All I can say is thanks for sharing with us, we keep you in our prayers and  send you love and support.

Rod

Hang in there Darren.  A strong positive attitude is very important at this time.  Like CK said, are  you on a list for a kidney transplant. I hope your are eligible and that would help.  You are in our thoughts and prayers, especially in our prayers.

rob

Darren, I am struggling to find any words to express my concern and sympathy for you regarding your worsening health condition. I'm glad you let us know so we can all be pulling for you every day with thoughts and prayers. 

I suppose you don't have to be concerned about treatment costs with Canadian national health care but I hope you also have a supportive employer, given that you will be unable to work for awhile.  I hope you are getting good medical care and trust that you are willing and able to cooperate with their recommendations.  Please keep us apprised of your condition and prognosis. 

Your positive attitude in spite of the pain and physical impairment may be your greatest asset.

Wishing you all the best, my friend!

Darren

I am sorry to hear about your health. Hang in there. You are in my thoughts and prayers. 

Joe

16 hours ago, Montemedic said:

I’ll second what Mr Boyte said. Are you eligible to be placed on a kidney transplant list? I hope your functioning kidney will behave and increase its function and you’ll stay off of dialysis until absolutely necessary. Continued good thoughts for you Darren

Thanks for the well wishes gents, Yes I was on the Transplant list the first go around after loosing the first one. The second Kidney was taking so long to sustain a constant GFR rate that I was put on the list, unfortunately the waiting list was 3-1/2 years at that time. Time had gone by and having a standing order for bloodwork weekly the Kidney did start to climb in numbers when after just over 3 years the kidney got to 41% and a Transplant came through but I was told the kidney was functioning well enough that I was no longer a candidate and it was given to someone else. So now the waiting list is almost 4 years, but the worse you get the higher up the list you get bumped. But still no guarantee that one will come up that matches blood type and tissue type on the last one.

Thats it for now guys as cant be on the laptop too long, the rooms starts to spin from staring at the screen to long....... hahaha   but wait thats the fun part...................

Darren 

Darren,

So sorry to hear of this. Thoughts and prayers continue for you.

I agree with others your attitude is an amazing. Please continue we are all rooting for you.

We are your support team if/when you need us Darren, although I'm uncertain we could provide the same positive tone you have communicated.  I will simply say that you are my Hero Darren.  Your positive approach and focus is the best medicine, so yeah, you're doing it right Buddy.  Stay strong and positive...................

Doug

Darren,

I am 52 yo old also and surely would not expect, as yourself, to be in this situation at such a young age.  However, the body is an amazing thing and the right attitude goes a long way.  Stay positive and maybe all will fall into place.  Either your kidney will bounce back or you will be lucky enough to get a match.  Either way, your in our thoughts and prayers as we deal with a similar situation with my mother in law.  You have a great amount of support here.  Hopefully, someone here has "juice" with the man upstairs and all is resolved.

Stay positive my friend.  Thats all you can do at this point.

Dan 

Definitely in my prayers Darren. 

You are only 52 if your post was correct that's terrible did not realize you were that young with all these health problems.