Washer Pump Rebuild Success!!!

I was getting ready to order a first generation replacement washer pump from the parts place and I thought why not try to rebuild the original. The old pump was all seized up and I thought it was cooked. I took apart everything but the coil and soaked the small parts in simple green overnight. I cleaned the base with a brush and simple green and soaked the pivoting lever pivot with simple green. The lever started to move freely, I then cleaned all the small parts and started putting the pump back together. I applied all purpose grease to the moving parts. The plunger was still in good shape. I re-installed it the I was happy that it worked. I'm sure some members have re-built these pumps but I wanted to pass this along for those who might think the only way to fix them it to buy new.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Nice Job.  I did mine some years back but it did not last and I didn't feel like messing with it again so this time around I just went the electric pump route.  It may not look completely original but it works ten times better.

I like to rebuild everything I can (or have it rebuilt) Aftermarket stuff is not always very good.

Bruce