LOWER BODY SIDE MOLDING TRIM CLIPS

72-CLASSIC_RIDE

Have removed lower trim, refreshed & cleaned car prior to installation.  I have discovered that I am missing (2) nylon clips for lower door molding and think I found 4 bottom rocker molding clips where a couple appear to be missing (haven't removed as yet).  I suspect they were likely broken during repaint in 2005 and never replaced.  Looks like someone attempted using a foreign type clip on rocker but did not secure rocker at that place.

Any ideas on where I might find the lower door trim nylon clips?

Thanx in advance for any info,

Doug

100_5899.JPG

LOWER DOOR TRIM CLIP.JPG

21 hours ago, 1970mcss said:

The parts place sells sets of them which I used on my car. I may have a couple good ones left over. 

I ordered them from the Parts Place.  I found (4) rocker molding fasteners on another Site that I picked up as well.  I think this should outfit me moving forward.

What type of tool had anyone used to release the fasteners from the rocker molding?  I have an idea what I might use but am concerned about damage to the paint.

Doug   

If I'm not mistaken,  the clips are spring loaded. By pressing down on the top of the molding it should release from the bottom,  then raise up and remove the molding.  The clips will still be attached to the body,  now the clips can be removed without damaging the molding

7 minutes ago, Michael Boyte said:

If I'm not mistaken,  the clips are spring loaded. By pressing down on the top of the molding it should release from the bottom,  then raise up and remove the molding.  The clips will still be attached to the body,  now the clips can be removed without damaging the molding

I'll give that a shot Mike.  That worked on the rear trunk molding and a couple of the lower side moldings but haven't experienced this type of clip removal as yet.  Sounds easy so I know I will probably make a job out of it! :doh:

Thanx for the tip Mike.  Will attempt this today.

Doug

Surprisingly the Rocker Molding came off as Mike said it would.  My experience is hardly anything comes off as easily.

So next question is, per pic where screw is used on rear of Rocker Molding, someone simply filled around Rocker Molding some type of sealant I suspect to keep Rocker in place.  What was originally at this spot other than the missing screw?  Do I need to just replace the screw or is something different that needs attention?  I didn't remove passenger side as it is secure.  Are these Rocker Molding Clips in pic correct?  I have a new set of Rockers with the Clips that are different than these shown.  They are black in color and appear to be metal?  I have no plans to use them as they are for the NOS set I have stored. 

Again, appreciate all the advise.............................

Doug 

100_5917.JPG

100_5916.JPG