Exterior quarter glass trim piece

Hey there gang.  I’m new here. Pleased to meet ya!

Nearing the end of the build of my 3rd, 1st Gen Money Carlo in 24 years. 

I have a question that the interwebs has eluded me for year now. Cannot find this piece. Any pictures you guys can provide from  this area would be very much appreciated!  What fills this gap!?

Like Thomas I am not positive I know what you are talking about.  If you are talking about the outer quarter glass chrome bead with the glass seal attached that has a triangular piece of rubber that covers an opening in the body in the area where the quarter panel meets the sail panel, there is nobody that makes that piece.  You have a couple options.  I have seen both.  the first one is to use the reproduction quarter glass window trim and window sweep but use some body filler to fill the gap and paint it body color (If in Canada colour) or try form some kind of piece of rubber that will take care of the issue.  

If that is the area you are talking about, I am not sure why Chevrolet made the body with that opening to be filled by a trim piece with rubber attached to it.  Unfortunately nobody that I am aware of makes that piece.

rob

Idk. Maybe, but that one is relatively easy to find and get. The chrome and weatherstrip. I'm thinking it seals the rear quarter window to the sail panel of the quarter. We will have to wait for his response. Lol

Sorry people. Here's a picture of the area where it goes. Between the quarter glass and the side of the roof. Something has to go there to fill the gap and it's not the roof rail wetherstripping (which is not on the car yet) There are three screws the hold the piece on vertically. This car was a shell when I got it so not all the pieces where there. I'd be interested to see pictures of was is there on your Monte's. I appreciat e the help!!

IMG_5989.jpg

There is a piece of rubber on the interior side of the glass, which you can barely see in the picture. Those can be easiliy ordered. Just can't find anything for the exterior side.

The exterior side is a weatherstrip. Not made for Monte's. I believe the Oldsmobile guys have that moulding available. For the 70-72 Cutlass SX coupe. (Not fast back/442) 

• Like 1

Holy Hanna, those are it!! I ordered them up. Funny they never came up when searching under a Monte. But they did when searching Cutlass of the same years. Then in the section listing all the vehicles the part will fit, it lists 71 Monte Carlo. Go figure.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/152659902704

Thanks for your help!!!

• Like 1

Everyone, thanks again! It only took me one day to find the part I was looking for after joining the group - thanks to you members. 

I don’t know why I didn’t join sooner?!

I’d love to help answer any questions you guys might have about the 1st Gen. I have a lot of knowledge about them, but never had an outlet until now!!