Happy Veterans Day

Rob Peters

Happy Veteran's Day to all of you who served in any of our military's through Active Duty or reserves.  If you have a picture of yourself from your military days please post here

rob

Sgt picture.jpg

11 hours ago, Mo's70MCs said:

Happy veterans day to all. Rob cool pic, quite the young lad. I've been trying to dig mine up to no avail..I just know I had one.

Rod, if you find it, even if at a later date please post it.  If nothing else people can see what we looked like way back then.   

I have been asked why I was not smiling in that picture.  The reason for that is that picture was taken by our squadron.  I was a crew chief on a KC135A plane and my plane had been selected by the pilots on the base to represent our squadron at a Bomb-Competition and since this was very serious business they wanted a stern look on our faces.  Unfortunately there are very few pictures of me in my Dress Uniform.  Due to my job I was rarely in Khaki's or or my dress uniform because the Fatigue Uniform was what was worn on the flightline.  Pretty much the only time I was in my Dress Blues was when I would serve on a funeral honor guard or traveling on leave.

rob