Overdrive transmission supplier recommendations

JDTaylor65

I want to replace my TH350 trans with a 4L60E. Does anyone have any real world experience with the major suppliers / re-builders? I have been looking at Bowtie Overdrives, Monster and Gearstar. Horsepower is approx 400, with 3:55 gears, 26.1 tall tire. Will be street driven only, cruises, shows, week end get aways. General consensus for the torque converter seem to be a 2400 rpm stall. Any recommendations, either positive or negative would be appreciated.

I have two Bow tie overdrive 700r4 their stage 2 transmission. Both transmissions have a 2200-2400 stall and B&M trick shift fluid. One of the 700r4 is in a 3200lbs car with a 355 small block and a 3.70 rear gear. Car moves really great, at one time we threw a 5.13 gear in the rear and was able to cruise in the 2,000 rpm at 55mph. The other one is in a 3820lbs Monte with a 402 big block and a stock 2.73. Yes a 2.73 gear ain’t ideal when you are trying to cruise in the 2,000 rpm range. But the car is perfectly happy stays right in the 1,650-1,700 range running 55-60 mph. And when you get down on it the car doesn’t wait it picks up and goes. Now the 2.73 gear does make it slow off the line but it makes up for it by speed. If you call bow tie overdrive they will take the time and go over everything with you on the phone they will suggest a stall that will work with your setup and supply what you. On ours they even tested they before they were shipped across country. With a 700r4 they recommend using a turbo350 yoke as it’s the same spline as the 700 but it’s thicker. A 200r4 has a closet gear set in it where the 700r4 has a deep first gear (3.06).